Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Collective Soul -- Woodhaven, MI -- July 11th, 2014
Warped Tour -- Mansfield, MA -- July 10th, 2014
Metallica -- Warsaw, Poland -- July 11th, 2014
Snakecharmer -- London, England -- July 11th, 2014
Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-24-2009, 06:08 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

since clayman the only diffrence i hear is they are more wellknown and i can understand the screaming better
Old 06-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
since clayman the only diffrence i hear is they are more wellknown and i can understand the screaming better
How the hell do you not hear the difference? The only decent record they have released since Clayman is Come Clarity, and even then half of the record is weak. Soundtrack has terrible songs on it, maybe 1/4 of the record is any good, while Whoracle and Jester Race have no weak tracks whatsoever.

It just doesn't compute in my head how you can't hear a difference, the new shit is garbage and the old stuff is not!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:47 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

there are people that like only bands that are popular and

there are people that start hating bands when they become popular thats proboly what happen to alot of in flames fans
Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 AM
N00B

Quote:
there are people that like only bands that are popular and

there are people that start hating bands when they become popular thats proboly what happen to alot of in flames fans
Not really...Opeth is alot more popular than when I first started seeing them in 2001, yet i still go see them everytime.

When I saw in flames on SOTU (2006 i think), I asked Jesper if they were going to do anything from Whoracle, he gave me a real dirty look and ignored me. That says it all.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Not really...Opeth is alot more popular than when I first started seeing them in 2001, yet i still go see them everytime.

When I saw in flames on SOTU (2006 i think), I asked Jesper if they were going to do anything from Whoracle, he gave me a real dirty look and ignored me. That says it all.
im not saying everyone is like that.

they must have a problem with whoracle for some reason. they shouldnt be tired of playing old songs because recent sets ive seen they havent done many old ones

i do agree the old in flames is better than the new but i like it all except the new album
Old 06-24-2009, 08:57 AM
N00B

Quote:
im not saying everyone is like that.

they must have a problem with whoracle for some reason. they shouldnt be tired of playing old songs because recent sets ive seen they havent done many old ones

i do agree the old in flames is better than the new but i like it all except the new album
They completely ignore almost all of their material prior to Reroute to Remain (which, I admit, is probably my top guilty pleasure album). The fact that they actually did a couple of songs when I saw them overseas at Wacken, but won't play them in the US, i think says something about them as a band.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
They completely ignore almost all of their material prior to Reroute to Remain (which, I admit, is probably my top guilty pleasure album). The fact that they actually did a couple of songs when I saw them overseas at Wacken, but won't play them in the US, i think says something about them as a band.
i would be fine with them play alot of new stuff. but they put to much of the new album in

Last edited by Indestructible; 06-24-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
i would be fine with them play alot of new stuff. they put alot of the new album in.
Well their old stuff are lightyears ahead of their new stuff (in most fans' eyes). Their new material is most definately weaker than their previous releases, and they NEED to start looking at their pre-Reroute discography.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:36 AM

it seems like they do good sets when they arent touring the us they do alot of new stuff but they atleast throw in 3-4 old songs. and when they come to the U.S the sets arent that good.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
and they NEED to start looking at their pre-Reroute discography.
agreed. then the sets might be better and the next album might be better than a sense of purpose