Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014
Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

That's almost the exact same set I saw in London in March. Although I don't think we got Harvester...

I hope they do something different at the five Copenhagen shows.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 AM
N00B

Yeah I agree with people on dropping Nothing Else Matters. Replace it with a more classic song, like Fade To Black, make Sanitarium a fixture, etc.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:49 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyekantspele View Post
i like how theres no Load or Reload stuff on this set
if they do anything off load it should be hero of the day.
i have never gotten threw that album something doesnt want me to
Old 06-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmilitia54 View Post
Yeah I agree with people on dropping Nothing Else Matters. Replace it with a more classic song, like Fade To Black, make Sanitarium a fixture, etc.
It'll never, ever happen. Nothing Else Matters is their 2nd most popular song, right behind Enter Sandman.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
It'll never, ever happen. Nothing Else Matters is their 2nd most popular song, right behind Enter Sandman.
In terms of people who know little to nothing about Metallica it is. I can't really imagine people going to a Metallica show for that song. If they are then they really need to brush up on their catalog. I understand why they always put it in that spot becuase usually it's following Fight Fire With Fire, Damage Inc, Dyers Eve or something fast and they may want to slow it down for a minute to get a break from the faster song that just came before it. But Fade to Black or Sanitarium would also fill that spot the same way. I'm guessing those two get a much better reaction when played than Nothing Else Matters does. At least the times i've seen them live they always did.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanatarium78 View Post
In terms of people who know little to nothing about Metallica it is. I can't really imagine people going to a Metallica show for that song. If they are then they really need to brush up on their catalog. I understand why they always put it in that spot becuase usually it's following Fight Fire With Fire, Damage Inc, Dyers Eve or something fast and they may want to slow it down for a minute to get a break from the faster song that just came before it. But Fade to Black or Sanitarium would also fill that spot the same way. I'm guessing those two get a much better reaction when played than Nothing Else Matters does. At least the times i've seen them live they always did.
In my thinking, Nothing Else Matters is like Metallica's Fear of the Dark. It's not just about the song, but the crowd participation. When I saw them, the crowd sang most of the song.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 06-18-2009, 12:56 PM
N00B

Why do they still play "Turn The Page"?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:52 PM
welp

^ Cuz it's a good fuckin' song.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
In my thinking, Nothing Else Matters is like Metallica's Fear of the Dark. It's not just about the song, but the crowd participation. When I saw them, the crowd sang most of the song.
I haven't seen them since 2004 so maybe they've changed it since then but it deffinately wasn't like that the 5 times i've seen them live. There isn't a song out there like the live version of Fear Of The Dark. It's the best sing along song i've ever heard live. It's one thing to let the crowd sing the lyrics but it's another when they sing along with the riffs in the song to. Nothing beats that.

If they put Fade to Black in it's spot the crowd couldn't take over the vocals for that as well? I honestly would have no problem with Nothing Else Matters if some regular rock band did it but it's Metallica and i don't wanna hear love songs from them.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanatarium78 View Post
I haven't seen them since 2004 so maybe they've changed it since then but it deffinately wasn't like that the 5 times i've seen them live. There isn't a song out there like the live version of Fear Of The Dark. It's the best sing along song i've ever heard live. It's one thing to let the crowd sing the lyrics but it's another when they sing along with the riffs in the song to. Nothing beats that.

If they put Fade to Black in it's spot the crowd couldn't take over the vocals for that as well? I honestly would have no problem with Nothing Else Matters if some regular rock band did it but it's Metallica and i don't wanna hear love songs from them.
Very well said
FOTD owns NEM any day. And yea I never heard too many people sing NEM in any of the shows in which I saw that song.
But everyone sings FOTD
Dude even Metallica tribute bands have ditched that song (you could look at any of Damage Inc's setlists). Its high time Metallica did it too!

Tags
metallica