Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
In Search of Truth

Announcment: I'm leaving this site.

Well, the time has finally come. I've been thinking about this a lot for quite some time, as some of you know. This board will always hold a place in my heart due to the ties to the IMBB, but the truth is, it's not the same board it used to be. When it comes to a lot of our new members, I simply have nothing in common with them. When it comes to a lot of the older members, I simply can't seem to agree about anything anymore, and it's hard for us to post around eachother without arguments arising. I feel like a good number of people here don't like me or respect anything I have to say, and I don't think that's going to change because it's done nothing but get worse over the past couple of years.
I'm not trying to point fingers and say it's anyone's fault, I just don't see the point in posting here anymore. At the end of the day, this is merely a message board, and thus it's not worth staying here if it brings me far more grief and aggravation than it does enjoyment. I already talk to most of the people on here I want to remain in contact, and during the period of time that this site was recently down, I realized that I don't need to be posting here. I'm not getting anything out of it except negativity.

So, for any of you who wish to remain in contact with me (don't hesitate), here is all of my contact information:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...72&ref=profile
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/maiden33
AIM: Mindruler33
Yahoo: DTJeffT
Email: DTJeff33@yahoo.com
And I post on UltimateMetalForum under the user name DTJeff, so if anyone posts there, drop me a line.

So, I guess this is goodbye. I'm gonna be giving it about 24 hours for you guys in case you might want to say anything or I have some significant second thoughts, but then I'm gonna be telling the mods to give my account the axe so I can't return and start posting again when I get bored in 6 weeks.

Farewell,
Jeff
Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Well, we didn't exactly see eye-to-eye on many things, but it sucks to lose a prominent member of the board, and I wish you good luck with your band
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM
D.B.B.

awww man u were actually one of my favorite posters. damn this sucks. oh well good luck with you and your band. please come to LA soon
Old 06-10-2009, 08:31 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Aahhhh, well I can't say I didn't see this coming, due to your growing dissatisfaction with this place, but it's still regrettable. Despite our disagreements, I can say that you're a pretty cool dude and we'll be losing a valuable member. I guess we'll have to find a new Power Metal expert.

In any case, if you're really going, then, it's been nice... forumsing... with ya. Good luck with your band, and good luck in general. Feel free to come back a year from now and notice yourself being discussed in our occasional "those who have left us" threads.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:49 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Ah man, another metalhead leaves the metal forums. pretty soon we're gonna be down to nothing but starbucks sipping fairies talking about shitty poetry.

All I can say is, you shouldnt let internet arguments get to the point where they make you frustrated, yea some members here make annoying posts now and then, but just laugh about it. But oh well, it's your call, I'll add you on facebook now, stop by in january for the year end list atleast.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:03 PM
The Cheese

Well, hey man, good luck. Sorry to see you go.

Once I move, I hope to come see your band play.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned Asshole

dude ill miss you. you really seem like a down-to-earth guy. Forums won't be the same without you.

Nevertheless,

I wish you good luck with your band and life in general!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

well lol Basically Samesies... I'm not gonna quote everyone, but know I have the same views.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Regretting my username

I'll miss yah.

Be sure to stop by in a few weeks to check out your new emoticon.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Hmmm, not really noticed anything getting particularly out of hand around here. A slight downturn, maybe, but nothing drastic. Not like other boards I've seen disintigrate (BLS.net, for example). And do you really need people to agree with you to enjoy the debates? Really?

But all the same, it's always a shame to lose a regular poster who actually knows their shit. I mean, who's going to drive home the point that everyone should be listening to Evergrey now?

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Closed Thread