Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Paul, Paul, Paul... I'll just watch the Early Days and see what you had to Say there... Which is now (circa 2009) Ass-Backwards am I correct?

I love seeing how some of the comments bash on Bruce for his "gay voice" and "running around in spandex", and that spending $80 to see them is a total rip. I would rather Spend $80 and see a band full of life with a front man Working the Crowd and connecting everyone to the same train of thought, then $20 for a singer who stands there, sweats, and "sings".

Unjust bashing by Paul and by The Blabbermouths.

Plus when you're this big, making money happens... Atleast they don't whore themselves out like Metallica or KISS, who both you can argue, have earned their money. Sure Iron Maiden has their Cups, Clocks, Watches, Bags, Hats, etc. But I can only find the CD's, DVD's, Shoes, and Shirts in actual Retial Shops.

I would say they concentrate on making making money from the fans, and to me that's fine. Fan's buy things, it's in our defintion. But when Maiden start the slayer route (Instore Hot Topic Shows and Signings) then I'll call foul.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 AM
In Search of Truth

The difference between Maiden and any other band in the top tier of rock/metal popularity is this:

Maiden are about the only band to make it into that popularity bracket by totally doing their own thing, even when they were passed on and overlooked by mainstream radio and media for years. Maiden right now is the most popular they have ever been, and if anything, they're still actually getting more popular. Their success has nothing to do with trends or commercial appeal. That's one of the reasons Maiden will always be my favorite band. Because they are THE picture perfect proof that you CAN become "rich and famous" by being exactly what you want and never compromising your ideals.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Paul Dianno is an asshole and the article proves it even further. Dickinson is much better than him anyways so he is clearly jealous of the Maiden fame. What a douchebag.
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 06-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The difference between Maiden and any other band in the top tier of rock/metal popularity is this:

Maiden are about the only band to make it into that popularity bracket by totally doing their own thing, even when they were passed on and overlooked by mainstream radio and media for years. Maiden right now is the most popular they have ever been, and if anything, they're still actually getting more popular. Their success has nothing to do with trends or commercial appeal. That's one of the reasons Maiden will always be my favorite band. Because they are THE picture perfect proof that you CAN become "rich and famous" by being exactly what you want and never compromising your ideals.
Well put, and even Rod had said they had offers to do commericals and stuff but never took them because it wasn't what that band was about. They've been Maiden since their formation, and I'm so proud of them.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
Well put, and even Rod had said they had offers to do commericals.

Did Rod have his day off when they decided to do those awful Crash Test Dummies "LOL wear your seatbelts kiddies" commercials?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:38 PM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Somebody's jelous...
Old 06-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

This made me lose tremendous respect for Paul Di'Anno.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Just think, if Maiden had gotten in a bus crash in like 1982 and Paul died the world would have been spared his utter lameness for the past 25+ years and he would be forever immortalized in the pantheon of metal history, his legacy never to be tarnished. Shame He was such a badass back in the day too, and I've yet to hear anyone successfully imitate his vocal style on those early Maiden albums.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:11 PM
N00B

Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
Just think, if Maiden had gotten in a bus crash in like 1982 and Paul died the world would have been spared his utter lameness for the past 25+ years and he would be forever immortalized in the pantheon of metal history, his legacy never to be tarnished. Shame He was such a badass back in the day too, and I've yet to hear anyone successfully imitate his vocal style on those early Maiden albums.
Yea but then you'd have a bunch of fucktards treating Paul as if he was some kind of Bon Scott infallible Messiah and thus, allowing them to think they have clout for saying pedophiliac retarded shit like LOL MAIDEN SHOULD HAVE BROKEN UP AFTER HE DYED or BRUCE IS GAY or 7TH SON IS SO SPINAL TAP or JANICK GERS GAVE ME AIDS.