Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014
Ceremonial Castings -- Seattle, WA -- July 7th, 2014
Flotsam and Jetsam -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 9th, 2014
King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM
In Search of Truth

Paul DiAnno Compares Steve Harris to Hitler, Says Iron Maiden is "F**king Boring"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=121158

Discuss.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Wow, hahahhahahah. Sad.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Those who can't make music try to make headlines.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
N00B

paul is just jealous that steve makes new music while paul plays the same old 10 songs from his days in Maiden
Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

he's full of shit, killers is an amazing album how can he say that the only good song on there is the one he wrote? he wrote songs 20 times better than what was put on killers? well holy shit, somebody better get him in to the recording studio asap, because he's been walking around with the best metal album ever locked away in his head all these years!

wasn't his latest album called "the maiden years"? actually, arent most of his albums trying to milk off iron maiden anyway? i mean he was only on two albums, but look at how much of this shit is maiden related: http://www.pauldianno.com/disco.shtml
that's an awful lot of reference for a band that's "boring"
Old 06-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Paul continually disappoints me. Mostly because all his stuff with Killers, Battlezone etc. fucking rocks. But he barely plays any of it. Every album he puts out is either a live album consisting almost entirely of tracks from the first two Maiden albums, or an album of re-recordings of tracks from the first two Maiden albums.

Everything bearing his name says something like "Original singer from Iron Maiden", whether it's relevent or not. Even his last solo album was just a re-hash of his first solo album, with one new song and two re-recordings of Maiden songs.

He even has his name in the Iron Maiden font on some of his stuff.

9/7 Sebastian Bach
11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

It's just occurred to me that Paul reminds me of Dave Mustaine. Only less successful and more retarded.

Last edited by JRA; 06-02-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Dharma Wants You

Thumbs down

Take a hike, Paul.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:23 AM
In Search of Truth

Anyway, now that everyone has had sufficient time to weigh in here, it's time for my piece.

Paul Di'Anno is one of my least favorite people in the entire music business, and that's only proven by this charming little article.
I don't see why I should bother to even argue over the fine points here, but nevertheless, I will.
If there was any truth the majority of what Paul has had, it would be obvious. Maiden has had their share of ex members of the years, and not one other previous member has left the band and badmouthed them to this extent. There may have been a negative word here or there, but nothing even close to what Paul has said, which definitely makes it seem like HE is the one with the problem. These rumors about Di'Anno being ousted due to drug use and other non-musical reasons are not new, they have been pretty the norm for the past 25 years. He's treating them like they are totally unfounded and that the interviewer who brought them up pulled them out of their ass, as opposed to the official Iron Maiden biography.
Also, even if Paul is correct about Steve only caring about money, he has no place to say anything being that Paul has spent the better part of his solo career living off of the Maiden name. His live set lists are filled with Maiden songs, his compilation albums are filled with Maiden songs, and apparently all Maiden tribute albums are filled with Di'Anno remaking his own Maiden songs. It's pathetic. I've never seen anything close to this from any other ex-band member, let alone one who badmouths the band. Paul needs to face it: No one really cares about his solo career, and he's just living off of his Maiden legacy. The sooner he admits it, the better for everyone. This is why I have 1,000 times more respect for Blaze Bayley than Paul.
Furthermore, if Di'Anno had songs "20 times better" than the "crap songs" Steve was writing, why is his solo material not good? Because he's full of shit, that's why.
And one final thing. I can't fucking stand how Paul trashes his old singing style, "metal singing" in general, and acts like he's somehow superior now because he can't sing worth a shit anymore. I saw some of one of his live DVDs from a few years ago, it was awful. Absolutely terrible vocals. I personally don't think he could ever sing that well, but at least back in the day he gave it a worthy try. As opposed to this half ass "I'm a punk, I don't sing metal" shit.