Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 05-29-2009, 01:31 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
saying the dio years were better is like saying blaze-maiden is better than bruce maiden.
That's totally untrue. 97-98% of Maiden fans agree that Bruce is the best Maiden singer, no competition. And those that disagree basically always prefer DiAnno. Whereas a good 20% or more of generalized Black Sabbath fans would probably prefer Dio-era. Further proof: If Maiden did a Blaze-era reunion under the name "The X Factor", they'd be playing to like 1,000 people a night in America. Heaven and Hell has been just a tad more successful when compared to the "primary" incarnation of the band.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:49 PM
N00B

Couldn't expect anything less Sharon Osbourne is just a cunt. Ozzy's been completely fried for like 30 years, dude has never done shit on his own, either he's had awesome musicians to surround him or Sharon just puts him in a TV commercial to capitalize off that ridiculous "Prince of Darkness" thing. Pretty sad, but I'm sure he doesn't care, shit I wouldn't if I was him.

I like to think of Ozzy as a lovable, senile zombie who's being controlled by an evil witch doctor.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Fragments of a sunbeam glaring on a kitchen knife

Quote:
i love dio, but ozzy sabbath will always be better. saying the dio years were better is like saying blaze-maiden is better than bruce maiden.
Thank you, I realize Dio is a MUCH better vocalist than Ozzy, but for me Dio era Sabbath cannot even compare to classic Ozzy Sabbath.

Last edited by HandOfDoom; 05-29-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
That's totally untrue. 97-98% of Maiden fans agree that Bruce is the best Maiden singer, no competition. And those that disagree basically always prefer DiAnno. Whereas a good 20% or more of generalized Black Sabbath fans would probably prefer Dio-era.
I was told there would be no math.

Anyways, Black Sabbath has always equaled Ozzy to me. Yes, Iommi's guitar playing is what makes their sound, but the Ozzy albums are the ones that were the most influential and vital to shaping heavy metal over the years.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:11 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I don't know, I guess I had you pinned as an anti-Ozzy Dio-tard.
i like dio's music alot and respect him, but his version of sabbath just doesnt feel right. theres the guitar tuning aspect that you pointed out, and also dio's songwriting focuses more on rhyming words and making it catchy, which makes things sound pretty cheesy sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
That's totally untrue. 97-98% of Maiden fans agree that Bruce is the best Maiden singer, no competition. And those that disagree basically always prefer DiAnno. Whereas a good 20% or more of generalized Black Sabbath fans would probably prefer Dio-era. Further proof: If Maiden did a Blaze-era reunion under the name "The X Factor", they'd be playing to like 1,000 people a night in America. Heaven and Hell has been just a tad more successful when compared to the "primary" incarnation of the band.
that's not proof, it's speculation. and heaven and hell's success is due to the fact that there was no active ozzy-sabbath tour going on.

if maiden broke up for half a decade and then came back with a blaze reunion they would be playing to alot more than 1,000 people. plus, dio is a much more popular singer than blaze is, id say alot of the people who attended heaven and hell shows were there to see dio.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
id say alot of the people who attended heaven and hell shows were there to see dio.
That's a great point actually.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:54 PM
D.B.B.

ozzy black sabbath>>>>>>>>dio black sabbath. even though dio was by far the better singer, the ozzy era was the most influential and well known black sabbath.

but as far as the lawsuit is concerned, heaven and hell should still be known as black sabbath. ozzy lost the right to hold any legal shares of sabbath when he got kicked out. as long as there is still one original member in any band, that band will still have the right to keep it's name. and besides, tony is the guy that gave birth to metal. if anything, tony should have 100% of the rights to the black sabbath name.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33
I disagreed with their decision to call Heaven and Hell that and not Black Sabbath
Same.
regardless, calling this project Heaven and Hell is one less thing Sharon can get her cunty claws in.

Also, by using Heaven & Hell, it automatically implies what you will hear live, that being tracks from Heaven & Hell, The Mob Rules, Dehumanizer, and now this latest release.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

i perfer ozzy sabbath as well but dio is great.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 PM
MY LEG!!

BLAZE IS THE MESSIAH!!!!