Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Old 07-28-2009, 08:41 AM
N00B

Overkill -- Toronto, ON -- October 13th, 2008

This was my first time seeing Overkill, and it came just a day before my 19th birthday, so it was a great way to end my 18 years. It was a fabulous show, they put on one helluva stage performance, especially Bobby "Blitz" going crazy like he does a lot.

First band up was Piledriver. These guys were spectacular, I had never heard about them before until now, but I found out they're local because the singer at one point said "Happy Thrashgiving" because it was Thanksgiving Monday. The one thing I had never seen b4 was the bassist's bass was louder than the guitarist's guitar, which was surprising, Nevertheless, they were wicked.

Second band was Epicurean. I had never heard of this band before, but they had a melodic sound to them. I initially liked them the first time, but after I saw them with Rotting Christ and Kreator, I now hate them because they're generic and they don't fit any thrash metal bills whatsoever. I regret buying their CD at the show, looking back on it.

Third band up was Warbringer. Holy Christ, they just blew Epicurean out of the water with their thrash metal songs, I got solo's in my face from John Laux, which was even more epic. John Kevill had a wicked stage presence as well. All in all these guys were super tight. Don't remember the titles of their set (except for total war), but still it was an epic setlist nonethelss.

Now time for the grand finale, Overkill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had gotten into their stuff like a couple months prior to the show, and I knew most of their set, but didn't know 6 songs because I had never heard them before. Still the unknown songs kicked ass.

Overkill setlist:
1. Where it Hurts
2. Powersurge
3. Rotten to the Core
4. I Hate
5. Thanx for Nothin'
6. Damned
7. Skull & Bones
8. Necroshine
9. F.U.C.T.
10. Hello from the Gutter
11. Walk Through Fire
12. Overkill I
13. Wrecking Crew
14. Old School

Encore:
15. Horrorscope
16. Fear His Name Medley/Elimination
17. Fuck You

During the mid section of Fuck You, I got the setlist from Bobby "Blitz" while he was screaming "We Don't Care What You Say?" Crowd: *Raising Middle Fingers* FUCK YOU. Also, during the conclusion of Fuck You, he did a stage dive, and I was one of the guys putting him back on the stage and holy fuck he was sweaty. I also got Derek "The Skull" Tailer's last guitar pick, I bought a Warbringer cd, Epicurean cd (as mentioned earlier that I regret buying), a copy of Overkill's new album, and an Overkill shirt. Plus after the show, I met most of Overkill except for the drummer, they were really nice guys. I also met John Laux and John Kevill from Warbringer, they were cool to, and I met 2 dudes from Epicurean, they were nice guys as well. So it was a great early b-day present for me .

Location of Venue: Opera House.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

There was precisely one song missing from that list...COMA!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY

09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Headbanger

Cool review. Overkill are war dogs when it comes to touring. They need to add Deny The Cross and Skullkrusher back in there though. Too much of the newer stuff sounds alike to me. They're at their best when they're playing really fast or really slow.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Large Marge sent me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Cobra_Venom666 View Post
This was my first time seeing Overkill, and it came just a day before my 19th birthday, so it was a great way to end my 18 years. It was a fabulous show, they put on one helluva stage performance, especially Bobby "Blitz" going crazy like he does a lot.

First band up was Piledriver. These guys were spectacular, I had never heard about them before until now, but I found out they're local because the singer at one point said "Happy Thrashgiving" because it was Thanksgiving Monday. The one thing I had never seen b4 was the bassist's bass was louder than the guitarist's guitar, which was surprising, Nevertheless, they were wicked.

Second band was Epicurean. I had never heard of this band before, but they had a melodic sound to them. I initially liked them the first time, but after I saw them with Rotting Christ and Kreator, I now hate them because they're generic and they don't fit any thrash metal bills whatsoever. I regret buying their CD at the show, looking back on it.

Third band up was Warbringer. Holy Christ, they just blew Epicurean out of the water with their thrash metal songs, I got solo's in my face from John Laux, which was even more epic. John Kevill had a wicked stage presence as well. All in all these guys were super tight. Don't remember the titles of their set (except for total war), but still it was an epic setlist nonethelss.

Now time for the grand finale, Overkill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had gotten into their stuff like a couple months prior to the show, and I knew most of their set, but didn't know 6 songs because I had never heard them before. Still the unknown songs kicked ass.

Overkill setlist:
1. Where it Hurts
2. Powersurge
3. Rotten to the Core
4. I Hate
5. Thanx for Nothin'
6. Damned
7. Skull & Bones
8. Necroshine
9. F.U.C.T.
10. Hello from the Gutter
11. Walk Through Fire
12. Overkill I
13. Wrecking Crew
14. Old School

Encore:
15. Horrorscope
16. Fear His Name Medley/Elimination
17. Fuck You

During the mid section of Fuck You, I got the setlist from Bobby "Blitz" while he was screaming "We Don't Care What You Say?" Crowd: *Raising Middle Fingers* FUCK YOU. Also, during the conclusion of Fuck You, he did a stage dive, and I was one of the guys putting him back on the stage and holy fuck he was sweaty. I also got Derek "The Skull" Tailer's last guitar pick, I bought a Warbringer cd, Epicurean cd (as mentioned earlier that I regret buying), a copy of Overkill's new album, and an Overkill shirt. Plus after the show, I met most of Overkill except for the drummer, they were really nice guys. I also met John Laux and John Kevill from Warbringer, they were cool to, and I met 2 dudes from Epicurean, they were nice guys as well. So it was a great early b-day present for me .

Location of Venue: Opera House.
Good review, dude. Overkill is my favorite metal band of all time and they'll always give you your bank for your buck when they play live. I've seen 'em 4 times already and I can't wait until they come back next year to do some special things for the 25th birthday of 'Feel the Fire'. They're really nice guys also even though D.D is really shy. I really love that fucking set list. I mean...holy shit. Damned, Horrorscope, F.U.C.T, and I HAAAAAATE!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
There was precisely one song missing from that list...COMA!
Yeah, but they didn't play it. Also they didn't play In Union We Stand which was complete bullshit.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Pass the steak sauce

No In Union We Stand!?!?!?!
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar

Tags
overkill, warbringer