Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sleep -- Pioneertown, CA -- August 30th, 2014
Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
gilpdawg's Avatar
gilpdawg gilpdawg is offline
Resident old fart
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Paris, OH
Posts: 269
Testament -- Cincinnati, OH -- May 18th, 2009

Same setlist as they've been doing lately, but Sins of Omission was played in the Dog Faced Gods/Alone in the Dark spot.

Intro: For The Glory Of
01. The Preacher
02. Practice What You Preach
03. The New Order
04. Over The Wall
05. Do or Die
05. Sins of Omission
06. More Than Meets The Eye
07. The Persecuted Won't Forget
08. Demonic Refusal
09. True Believer
10. The Legacy
11. Into The Pit
12. Souls Of Black
13. Electric Crown
14. Disciples Of The Watch
15. D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
16. Three Days In Darkness
17. The Formation Of Damnation

Got there too late for Lazarus AD. Heard the last song and a half, they sounded pretty good. I'll probably check their record out. Not an Unearth fan, so just look at the other setlists for that, because I don't know if it's the same or not.

Lame turnout @Bogarts tonight. Very disappointed. If there was more than 400-500 people there I'd be surprised. I was hoping for about 1000. The venue holds 1500, IIRC. I'd bet they won't be back. Promoter probably took a bath. I hope not, because I want to see them again without driving 4 hours away.


Edited setlist to add Do or Die. I completely forgot that one. Now the numbers are fucked up.

Last edited by gilpdawg; 05-19-2009 at 02:05 AM. Reason: I forgot Do or Die.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-19-2009, 04:00 AM
jhdeity's Avatar
jhdeity jhdeity is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 3,107
WOW! Do or Die AND Sins of Omission instead of Alone in the Dark? Now we're talkin!!!

I'm still puzzled why no other setlist than setlist C but ticket sales have been down across the board. If they booked it as a "New Order" Tour I guarantee they would sell a few hunder more instantly.

They still haven't topped 500 tickets sold in Baltimore yet. They sold out Jaxx in Springfield, VA on consecutive nights a few years ago but interest has fallen off the charts since then. Sucks
__________________
9/27 - Clutch
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-19-2009, 05:07 AM
Derelict's Avatar
Derelict Derelict is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,203
They would prob draw better if they could put out more than one album every seven years
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Strobic Axe Strobic Axe is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
WOW! Do or Die AND Sins of Omission instead of Alone in the Dark? Now we're talkin!!!

I'm still puzzled why no other setlist than setlist C but ticket sales have been down across the board. If they booked it as a "New Order" Tour I guarantee they would sell a few hunder more instantly.

They still haven't topped 500 tickets sold in Baltimore yet. They sold out Jaxx in Springfield, VA on consecutive nights a few years ago but interest has fallen off the charts since then. Sucks

If they booked it as a "The Formation of Damnation" tour they might sell a few hundred more instantly, considering it was pretty much the metal album of the year in 2008.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Grimjaw_Kurosaki Grimjaw_Kurosaki is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobic Axe View Post
If they booked it as a "The Formation of Damnation" tour they might sell a few hundred more instantly, considering it was pretty much the metal album of the year in 2008.
Isn't it booked as The Formation OF Damnation Tour? Cause they are sellin the Damnation tee still. If's it's not the Damnation Tour, then what is it called?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Strobic Axe Strobic Axe is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw_Kurosaki View Post
Isn't it booked as The Formation OF Damnation Tour? Cause they are sellin the Damnation tee still. If's it's not the Damnation Tour, then what is it called?
They are calling it Damnation Vacation, but they are only playing 3 songs off the album.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:35 PM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Awesome set! I love Do or Die and Sins of Omission, really cool to see those on there! Hope this Friday gives a good set like this one!
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-19-2009, 02:34 PM
BlackmoreOfBowling BlackmoreOfBowling is offline
Kneeling Whaler
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 440
I don't get why people didn't vote for the "A" or "B" sets. Nothing wrong with getting a classic thrash metal album in its entirety in a live setting. It's not like these guys are Exodus, and the lead singer is going to scream the whole time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackmoreOfBowling View Post
I don't get why people didn't vote for the "A" or "B" sets. Nothing wrong with getting a classic thrash metal album in its entirety in a live setting. It's not like these guys are Exodus, and the lead singer is going to scream the whole time.
First of all, the voting process got messed up, so they are apperently doing set C for the whole tour. And second of all, DON'T DISS FUCKING EXODUS. Seriously, they fucking dominate live.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-19-2009, 03:15 PM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
First of all, the voting process got messed up, so they are apperently doing set C for the whole tour. And second of all, DON'T DISS FUCKING EXODUS. Seriously, they fucking dominate live.
I second that. Especially the latter.
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
testament

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008