Judas Priest -- Worcester, MA -- July 26th, 1988
Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Old 05-18-2009, 12:09 PM
N00B

Opeth -- Tucson, AZ -- May 17th, 2009

This is the first Opeth show for me. And it was all that I expected. Amazing show. Great performance, great crowd, great venue, and also I think worth the price! not at all expensive!.

It took a 2 hr drive for me and a friend to get to Tucson, from the city of Agua Prieta, in the Mexican side, where I live. To get there is the easy part, to get back at 1:30 am, and having to work today its the hard part, but I think worth it.

I have to say that was very nice that the crowd was almost all there when Enslaved started, and they were very well received, the crow was very very enthusiastic, and the band seem to be very appreciative.

The set list for Enslaved is the same as the days before in other venues, and although I'm not a black metal fan, this type of black metal is very easy listening, to say something.

Setlist Enslaved:

To The Coast
Fusion Of Sense And Earth
Ruun
As Fire Swept Clean The Earth
Ground
The Watcher
Isa

After a 20 minutes or so, the lights when off and the crowd went crazy, including me. The first 3 songs where as usual in this tour, then they played Wreath, and I went, what??? so from there on I didn't know what to expect.

I liked the way Mikael interacts with the crowd, and seems he really enjoys it, before playing Closure there was something the crowd shouted from the front row that make Mikael went crazy laughing, and couldn't seem to stop, it was long 3 minutes and several intents to stop and continue with the set before he could do it.

They played Karma, and as I stated in the other thread (from the show may 15), Mikael said it was going to be the second time they played that song in their career, and made some comments about the reaction of the crowd their first time they played it two nights before.

Also is remarkable that as Mikael stated it was their seventh show in a row that night, and actually they seem a little exhausted, but anxious for they day off.

At the end they took a long 1 and a half hour before they went out with some of us that where waiting for them, and yes, they where exhausted, it was a fast signature of a few cds, tickets, and stuff, and some pics, and then the people from the staff took them away, they had to leave.

So, very pleased with the show, the after show, and I have to say is one of those band than although because of length of their songs they played not many each show, you go out very satisfied and full. Definitely want to see them again!

Setlist Opeth:

Heir Apparent
Ghost Of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Wreath
Karma (2nd time they played in their career)
Hessian Peel
Closure (extended version)
The Night And The Silent Water
The Lotus Eater

--ENCORES—

Fredrik Åkesson solo
Demon Of The Fall

cheers, stay metal.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

God damn it I want to see these guys so badly!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Same here.

Tags
enslaved, opeth