Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 05-19-2009, 05:17 PM
N00B

Exodus -- Virginia Beach, VA -- May 18th, 2009

I was at the Peppermint Beach Club in VA Beach prepared to be blown away by a night of Thrash metal and was not disappointed. I'm unfortunately not familiar enough with the supporting acts to give accurate setlists.

Scarz Within went on first. They weren't particularly heavy, but the female singer was hot as hell! They were decent, but really didn't belong on this bill.

Next was The Day of the Beast. They were definitely the surprise of the night, stealing the show from the supporting bands. They reminded me a bit of Sodom or Kreator with a lot of black metal evilness thrown in. Great, thrashy, energetic set from these guys, and they got the crowd moving (especially with the AMAZING Black Metal cover)

Next was At War. They never disappoint and this was no exception. Badass, gritty, heavy, old school thrash metal harkening back to the days of Venom and Slayer. Superb set, and a very nice crowd for them!

Warbringer went on and were also a lot of fun. I believe they played the same setlist as the Kreator Tour. Once you got over how young these kids are, you just bang your fucking heads to their energetic and catchy songs! What a night this has been already!

Finally Exodus came on and I have NEVER seen the Peppermint become this unglued. The crowd was so intense, people were knocking over mic stands and pushing the monitors around. Even Mr. Dukes lost his balance once or twice because of all the intensity up in the front row, but it didn't deter him from continuing the onslaught. A constant circle pit, and constant shoving, right out of 1986. Everyone had a fucking blast! Their setlist was as follows (I'm about 75% sure this is in the correct order)

Bonded by Blood
Iconoclasm
Funeral Hymm
A Lesson in Violence
Children of a Worthless God
Fabulous Disaster
Piranha
Deathamphetamine
And Then There Were None
Blacklist
War is My Shepperd
The Toxic Waltz
Strike of the Beast

An incredible show with 4 amazing thrash metal bands. Felt like it was 1986. Now that we Virginians have proved that we love our metal, can we have more shows booked here please?

Last edited by Bonesnapper; 05-19-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I was planning on coming to this show but I'm sick as a dog right now.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac

Tags
at war, exodus, scarz within, the day of the beast, warbringer