Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014

Old 05-01-2009, 10:14 PM
N00B

Spineshank -- Louisville, KY -- May 1st, 2009

So Spineshank did a headlining off-date from the Music As A Weapon tour, and being only $12, a super tiny venue (max capacity for the building is 250, though there couldn't have been more than 100 there), and always wanting to see Spineshank, I was easily there. There were 3 local bands for openers (1 was actually quite decent), Straight Line Stitch, and then Spineshank.

The first band was "As Light Ends", and they were a death-metal type band that I couldn't really get into. Their guitars and what not, I will give them props cause they were pretty decent, but I am just not into the whole "growling/screaming the ENTIRE song". So needless to say, I didn't get their set.

The second band was the only local band I thoroughly enjoyed, "Seventh Story". They were more of a punk-rock band and you could tell they just generally liked to have fun. The songs were quite good too, and for their last song, they did a cover of "Baby Got Back" that seemed similar to Throwdown's version, but it was still fun. I managed to get their set, which was:

Name Brand Way To Die
Only The Dead
Bleeding Through
Falling Stars
The Truth
Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-A-Lot cover)

The third local band was "The Tri-Tones", and after two songs by them, I stepped outside the venue. Not that they were that bad, but I just couldn't get into em.

Straight Line Stitch were pretty good, and their female singer has some pipes you wouldn't think was capable of. Needless to say, I will definitely be checking them out, as they were a metal band that's my type of metal. I wasn't really familiar with them going into the show, but a friend of mine was, and he told me the names of a few of their songs that they played, and this is all I can really remember that they played:

What You Can Do To Me
Black Veil

So Spineshank was finally next, and they were loud, intense, and totally rocked. I was glad to finally see them, as I listened to them when I was in high-school, and always wanted to see them but they never came around. Needless to say, they put on a damn good show and yet it sucked, because by the time they were done playing, there was no more than maybe 30 people left in the venue. I managed to get their set list, and get it signed by Jonny, the singer and Tom, the drummer. I probably could have got the other two to sign it, but it started pouring down rain outside and I didn't wanna be a bother. They played:

Asthmatic
Violent Mood Swings
Synthetic
I Am Damaged (new song)
Stillborn
Seamless
Beginning Of The End
Born Conform Repent (new song)
Slavery
Smothered
Dead To Me
New Disease
The Height Of Callousness

Nothing from their first album...which was slightly disappointing, as I really wanted to hear "Stovebolt", "Detached", and their cover of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". But regardless, it was still great to finally see them even albeit it was one of the smallest venues possible in Louisville.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:52 AM
N00B

Damn that's a good Spineshank set!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:21 AM
N00B

"Detatched" is an AMAZING song. Too bad they didn't play it. SLS is a really cool band as well.

Tags
seventh story, spineshank