Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

  #21  
Old 04-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Wizzbang11's Avatar
Wizzbang11 Wizzbang11 is offline
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Monterey CA
Posts: 2,095
Isn't that a Satanist thing?
I don't know, they all suck in my book.


Demigod was great, and I also love a lot of the earlier behemoth stuff like Grom (which most of the people I talk to seem to hate), I more meant I hope it stays par with Apostasy, which I did love.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-17-2009, 10:11 AM
JuuKun's Avatar
JuuKun JuuKun is offline
Red Light In My Eyes
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Posts: 2,085
I loved The Apostasy, and as far as Demigod goes, I think it is way overrated. It's a good album, but I don't think it's their best - Satanica is.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
they have one good song
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-18-2009, 03:40 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,377
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
they have one good song
get out of here
__________________
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
08/03 - Noisem
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-18-2009, 05:26 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
(and for the record, unlike you, I've never had any trouble reconciling that with the music I love, because I don't listen to lyrics much except in the case of Tool or a band like that who is trying to say something...a great deal of what I like either has no lyrics at all, or the lyrics aren't meant to be taken that seriously anyway).
Uhhhh....this is bugging me. Lyrics play some role or they wouldn't be there, man.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Uhhhh....this is bugging me. Lyrics play some role or they wouldn't be there, man.
I never said they don't play a role. I merely said I don't get hung up on them too much. Just because I believe in a higher power, it doesn't offend me if a band decides to write lyrics to the contrary. That's all I'm saying.

I also think that many of us have more of an ability to distance ourselves from taking lyrics too seriously than one might think. Otherwise, many of us fans (you and me included, brosef ) would have to be locked up in a looney bin for liking bands like Carcass. Am I right? I mean, do any of us really want to see actual human bodies torn limb from limb, burnt to a crisp and dissolved in acid?

A healthy detachment is all I'm talking about here - not taking things too seriously or literally. That was my whole point.

Nat
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/9 or 8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 PM
overkiller overkiller is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
most cats that are that enlightened believe in some kind of higher power (because it only makes sense that there is some kind of cosmic order that we just can't explain with science and equations and chemical reactions).
Ahem.

Speaking of being condescending.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-19-2009, 07:50 AM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I never said they don't play a role. I merely said I don't get hung up on them too much. Just because I believe in a higher power, it doesn't offend me if a band decides to write lyrics to the contrary. That's all I'm saying.

I also think that many of us have more of an ability to distance ourselves from taking lyrics too seriously than one might think. Otherwise, many of us fans (you and me included, brosef ) would have to be locked up in a looney bin for liking bands like Carcass. Am I right? I mean, do any of us really want to see actual human bodies torn limb from limb, burnt to a crisp and dissolved in acid?

A healthy detachment is all I'm talking about here - not taking things too seriously or literally. That was my whole point.

Nat
Alright, alright. I don't take them "seriously" in that case, but I can stomach violent lyrics meant in jest a lot more easily than, say, NSBM lyrics.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-19-2009, 12:35 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,377
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Alright, alright. I don't take them "seriously" in that case, but I can stomach violent lyrics meant in jest a lot more easily than, say, NSBM lyrics.
ONLY!
WHITE
MAN'S
POWAHHH!!!

(Nokturnal Mortum rules)
__________________
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
08/03 - Noisem
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 PM
JuuKun's Avatar
JuuKun JuuKun is offline
Red Light In My Eyes
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I mean, do any of us really want to see actual human bodies torn limb from limb, burnt to a crisp and dissolved in acid?
Times like this, we need some sort of hand-raising emoticon.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008