Cynic -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- July 6th, 2014

Old 04-16-2009, 10:28 AM
LET ME FIGHT YOUR BEARS

New Behemoth album title announced

Evangelion. Summer '09.

Fuck am I psyched.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:41 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Last edited by SomewhereInTime72; 04-16-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Regretting my username

HAHAHA
Old 04-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

supa, supa kawaii
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Old 04-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Hell yeah, one of my most anticipated albums of the year. Can't wait.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Bohab

OMG cant wait! Behemoth fucking owns
Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I'm lookin' forward to it, too (although maybe not as much as you ).

I love how I can see right through these guys in terms of the costumes they wear and the things they do (like Nergal's ripping of the Bible for every show on the last tour), and yet I just don't care. Their music is just so fucking cool, I love to listen to it regardless. It's almost like Nergal and company know that the whole anti-church thing is just to gain a little extra fan base from the angry teenoids, and that is just fine with them. I'll bet they even believe in God (in some form, just not what the church is shoveling).

Anyways, awesome band. Inferno fucking rules (even though he cheats a little, it's still all good ).
Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I love how I can see right through these guys in terms of the costumes they wear and the things they do (like Nergal's ripping of the Bible for every show on the last tour), and yet I just don't care. Their music is just so fucking cool, I love to listen to it regardless. It's almost like Nergal and company know that the whole anti-church thing is just to gain a little extra fan base from the angry teenoids, and that is just fine with them. I'll bet they even believe in God (in some form, just not what the church is shoveling).
Have you read any of their lyrics, or better yet any of the liner notes in their albums?

Btw I can't fucking wait for this album.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Have you read any of their lyrics, or better yet any of the liner notes in their albums?
Oh, definitely.

Dude, I am a big fan - I just think their entire schtick seems to be a little bit contrived. I mean, they hate THE CHURCH. I get that. So do I. But I don't think they are really, truly anti-God (and again, I agree - I believe in a higher power, just not the one that some church tells me I have to believe in or I'm going to have to go sit in the corner for all eternity!). I 've seen interviews with Nergal, and he seems like a highly intelligent dude - and most cats that are that enlightened believe in some kind of higher power (because it only makes sense that there is some kind of cosmic order that we just can't explain with science and equations and chemical reactions). In fact, speaking of interviews, I think I'm getting these ideas because of an interview I saw somewhere with Nergal once - and I seem to remember him saying some stuff similar to what I'm saying here.

Anyway, as I said, I'm a Behemoth fan - I just think these guys know exactly who their audience is, and they play to them perfectly.

Just my take it on it...I could be way off.

Nat

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-16-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Oh, definitely.

Dude, I am a big fan - I just think their entire schtick seems to be a little bit contrived. I mean, they hate THE CHURCH. I get that. So do I. But I don't think they are really, truly anti-God (and again, I agree - I believe in a higher power, just not the one that some church tells me I have to believe in or I'm going to have to go sit in the corner for all eternity!). I 've seen interviews with Nergal, and he seems like a highly intelligent dude - and most cats that are that enlightened believe in some kind of higher power (because it only makes sense that there is some kind of cosmic order that we just can't explain with science and equations and chemical reactions). In fact, speaking of interviews, I think I'm getting these ideas because of an interview I saw somewhere with Nergal once - and I seem to remember him saying some stuff similar to what I'm saying here.
Who is this kid, me back in 2006?

I used to be a 'Christian' that hated Church, but still clung to a belief in a higher being. I tried to reconcile my belief in God and taste for anti-religious music (metal), but it was hard. I realized that the only reason we are made aware of the concept of 'god' is because the church tells us so. Religion is taught to us. And its all a lie. There isn't proof. In my eyes, and in the eyes of many of the most intelligent and artistic humans to ever exist, science can explain alot, and if science can't explain it today, there is always the possibility that we may explore and learn and explain it in the future.

I dont think Nergal is a true pagan or heathen or whatever he is, although he may be (hey look at Varg), but i have no doubt he is at least atheist. And the reason I doubt he is truly a pagan is because if a person is self-aware enough to acknowledge the non-existence of a Christian God, then why would you genuinely worship deities so silly as Set or Thor?

I'm not saying you shouldnt believe in God, you can do whatever you like, but I was once in your sandals, and now I'm not.