Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014
Ash Borer -- Birmingham, AL -- July 6th, 2014
Cynic -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- July 6th, 2014

  #1  
Old 04-16-2009, 10:28 AM
LoveInSlowMotion's Avatar
LoveInSlowMotion LoveInSlowMotion is offline
LET ME FIGHT YOUR BEARS
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 211
New Behemoth album title announced

Evangelion. Summer '09.

Fuck am I psyched.
__________________
5/3 Gojira
5/17 Wolves in the Throne Room
8/7 Behemoth
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-16-2009, 10:41 AM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,957
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."

Last edited by SomewhereInTime72; 04-16-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
HAHAHA
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-2009, 11:48 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,235
Blog Entries: 19
supa, supa kawaii
__________________
07/12 - Dying Fetus
07/13 - Stickup Kid/Seaway
07/15 - Cannibal Corpse
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:01 PM
JuuKun's Avatar
JuuKun JuuKun is offline
Red Light In My Eyes
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Posts: 2,085
Hell yeah, one of my most anticipated albums of the year. Can't wait.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM
GWAR654's Avatar
GWAR654 GWAR654 is offline
Bohab
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Posts: 482
OMG cant wait! Behemoth fucking owns
__________________
3-1 Sick Puppies / Lacuna Coil
3-8 Skillet
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,726
I'm lookin' forward to it, too (although maybe not as much as you ).

I love how I can see right through these guys in terms of the costumes they wear and the things they do (like Nergal's ripping of the Bible for every show on the last tour), and yet I just don't care. Their music is just so fucking cool, I love to listen to it regardless. It's almost like Nergal and company know that the whole anti-church thing is just to gain a little extra fan base from the angry teenoids, and that is just fine with them. I'll bet they even believe in God (in some form, just not what the church is shoveling).

Anyways, awesome band. Inferno fucking rules (even though he cheats a little, it's still all good ).
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter (?)
8/9 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa (?)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I love how I can see right through these guys in terms of the costumes they wear and the things they do (like Nergal's ripping of the Bible for every show on the last tour), and yet I just don't care. Their music is just so fucking cool, I love to listen to it regardless. It's almost like Nergal and company know that the whole anti-church thing is just to gain a little extra fan base from the angry teenoids, and that is just fine with them. I'll bet they even believe in God (in some form, just not what the church is shoveling).
Have you read any of their lyrics, or better yet any of the liner notes in their albums?

Btw I can't fucking wait for this album.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Have you read any of their lyrics, or better yet any of the liner notes in their albums?
Oh, definitely.

Dude, I am a big fan - I just think their entire schtick seems to be a little bit contrived. I mean, they hate THE CHURCH. I get that. So do I. But I don't think they are really, truly anti-God (and again, I agree - I believe in a higher power, just not the one that some church tells me I have to believe in or I'm going to have to go sit in the corner for all eternity!). I 've seen interviews with Nergal, and he seems like a highly intelligent dude - and most cats that are that enlightened believe in some kind of higher power (because it only makes sense that there is some kind of cosmic order that we just can't explain with science and equations and chemical reactions). In fact, speaking of interviews, I think I'm getting these ideas because of an interview I saw somewhere with Nergal once - and I seem to remember him saying some stuff similar to what I'm saying here.

Anyway, as I said, I'm a Behemoth fan - I just think these guys know exactly who their audience is, and they play to them perfectly.

Just my take it on it...I could be way off.

Nat
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter (?)
8/9 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa (?)

Last edited by Natrlhi; 04-16-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Oh, definitely.

Dude, I am a big fan - I just think their entire schtick seems to be a little bit contrived. I mean, they hate THE CHURCH. I get that. So do I. But I don't think they are really, truly anti-God (and again, I agree - I believe in a higher power, just not the one that some church tells me I have to believe in or I'm going to have to go sit in the corner for all eternity!). I 've seen interviews with Nergal, and he seems like a highly intelligent dude - and most cats that are that enlightened believe in some kind of higher power (because it only makes sense that there is some kind of cosmic order that we just can't explain with science and equations and chemical reactions). In fact, speaking of interviews, I think I'm getting these ideas because of an interview I saw somewhere with Nergal once - and I seem to remember him saying some stuff similar to what I'm saying here.
Who is this kid, me back in 2006?

I used to be a 'Christian' that hated Church, but still clung to a belief in a higher being. I tried to reconcile my belief in God and taste for anti-religious music (metal), but it was hard. I realized that the only reason we are made aware of the concept of 'god' is because the church tells us so. Religion is taught to us. And its all a lie. There isn't proof. In my eyes, and in the eyes of many of the most intelligent and artistic humans to ever exist, science can explain alot, and if science can't explain it today, there is always the possibility that we may explore and learn and explain it in the future.

I dont think Nergal is a true pagan or heathen or whatever he is, although he may be (hey look at Varg), but i have no doubt he is at least atheist. And the reason I doubt he is truly a pagan is because if a person is self-aware enough to acknowledge the non-existence of a Christian God, then why would you genuinely worship deities so silly as Set or Thor?

I'm not saying you shouldnt believe in God, you can do whatever you like, but I was once in your sandals, and now I'm not.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008