Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 04-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Kneeling Whaler

Exodus -- Pittsburgh, PA -- April 4th, 2009

This was one of those pre-Kreator tour dates that Exodus and Warbringer were doing thru b-cities, which my hometown of the Steel City, PA happened to be included. Which was nice, because Exodus are among American thrash metal's greats and Warbringer had just tore up Pittsburgh not even two months earlier alongside the Soilwork/Darkane/Swallow The Sun tour. A couple local bands, As Fate Burns (groove/metalcore) and Crown The Lost (they played a combination of metalcore and power metal; the results weren't bad, the lead singer kinda sounded like Bruce Dickinson on downers..) opened.

Warbringer played the same set as the Kansas City show:

Total War
Whirlwind
Dread Command
Severed Reality
Systematic Genocide
Combat Shock

The drummer was injured, but the replacement was suitable. The one guitar was a wall of sound. Also, the lead singer's voice sounded a bit hoarse at this show compared to when I saw them with Soilwork. Somebody must've told him that he sounded black metal, because he wore a Bathory shirt and certainly sang in a black metal tone. Very entertaining stuff.

After Warbringer was done, Exodus came up and supplied the good friendly violent fun in abundance. They did one hell of a set as a headliner; a nice division between the new stuff, the Zetro material (which Rob Dukes did a surprisingly nice job at capturing his voice) and the classic Bonded By Blood material (I'm not counting this 'Let The Be Blood' malarky). They played so loud some plaster came down from the ceiling of the Rex Theater (I'm not sure how commonplace that is at metal shows, but ). Dukes wore a shirt that mimicked the Obama Hope artwork, which read "Cunt"; he lead the crowd onto chants of the word in question in place of the traditional "HEY!" chants. He also blasted the Islamic religion in the same style as described in the Kansas City show before going into "Children Of A Worthless God". Anyway, here's the set as captured by one that I retrieved and had autographed by Mr. Dukes.

Basically the same set as in Kansas City, with 'Toxic Waltz' and 'Shovel Headed Kill Machine' exchanging positions. Hell of a show for the $15 I payed. Hope these guys play here again some time down the road.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Such a good show.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 04-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Damn, what a set from both of em. I'll definately be seeing them both next time they come around!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Metal DJ

I wanna find one of thoes Obama shirts HAHA

Tags
exodus, warbringer