Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014
Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014

Old 04-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Dharma Wants You

Running Wild "Lower The Sails"

source: www.running-wild.net

The sensation is perfect. For the 20th anniversary of Wacken Ballroom Hamburg presents the German Metal legend RUNNING WILD for a last mega-show on Europe's largest metal stage – fittingly to the 30th anniversary of the band: Rock'n'Rolf is taking his final leave with a bombastic farewell show on Thursday, July 30th 2009 during the "Night To Remember".

"To all true Running Wild fans:

Now after 30 years of RUNNING WILD I feel it's time to lower the flag and to take down the sails to face new challenges.

That's why we want to celebrate the 30 years' history of the band for a last time at this year's Wacken Open Air on the occasion of its 20th anniversary with a two-hour headlining Best-Of show on Thursday, July 30th with a lot of surprises to bring it to a dignified end.

It's also planned to record a Live-DVD and -CD of that show to make it complete.

Now I can look down with calmness on the last 30 years and I feel proud of what I have reached. At the same time, nothing of that would have been possible without your support during the last decades. That's why I wanna say thanks for all the wonderful moments of that career and I wish you all the best for the future!

Yours
Rock'n'Rolf"

This really sucks, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. They've been one of my favorite bands for years. At least we'll get this one last DVD. And hell, they had a great run. Here's to Running Wild.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:59 AM
offerer of anomalistics

I love Running Wild

wish I'd have had the chance to see em live. Only been a fan a few years, and I don't know how long its been since they toured the USA.

drag
Old 04-20-2009, 10:09 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Ouch, that sucks.