Slipknot -- Clarkston, MI -- July 28th, 2015

Old 05-11-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
AnthG
*metalsetlists kid*
Because internet is srs bizniss

I'm curious to see what they exactly do with Spidey on his own series... and also if Guardians ov the Galaxy will tie into the Avengers at all... Thanos was in their movie too, so guessing they'll be in Infinity War?
That's pretty much a given it seems to me, they already said they would crossover eventually. Infinity War would make most sense, seeing as Thanos is the main bad of the both teams.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:18 PM
I AM THE GREAT BIG MOUTH

Quote:
AnthG
*metalsetlists kid*
Because internet is srs bizniss

I'm curious to see what they exactly do with Spidey on his own series... and also if Guardians ov the Galaxy will tie into the Avengers at all... Thanos was in their movie too, so guessing they'll be in Infinity War?
They have already teamed up in the billions of cartoon shows they have put out in the past 3 years, and it's too delicious of a team-up not to do it. If not IW, then maybe in GOTG 2
10/27-Korn
11/7-Machine Head
11/11-Blind Guardian
Old 05-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
The list doesn't even include Thor, Captain Marvel, and Doctor Strange, who I'm certain will all be in there.
Thor and Hulk are both confirmed to be sitting this one out. Doctor Strange's movie doesn't come out till after Civil War (and he's not really involved in the story anyways). Captain Marvel doesn't get her movie until 2018 (and the role hasn't been cast yet).

Here's what I think is the likely progression:
AOU and Civil War establish a new Avengers team
GOTG 2 and Thor: Ragnarok (and probably Dr. Strange) set up all the cosmic/space stuff for IW
Everyone in the pool for IW
Old 05-11-2015, 07:31 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Thor and Hulk are both confirmed to be sitting this one out. Doctor Strange's movie doesn't come out till after Civil War (and he's not really involved in the story anyways). Captain Marvel doesn't get her movie until 2018 (and the role hasn't been cast yet).

Here's what I think is the likely progression:
AOU and Civil War establish a new Avengers team
GOTG 2 and Thor: Ragnarok (and probably Dr. Strange) set up all the cosmic/space stuff for IW
Everyone in the pool for IW
Yeah, methinks Strange and Danvers will be named in Civil War, and Cumberbatch will appear on-screen in the stinger or maybe in a cameo, but they won't be directly involved.

That progression is what I reckon it'll be. GOTG 2 and Thor: Ragnarok will bridge the gap between Avengers and Guardians, I think.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:57 PM
with his arms outstretched

It seems like an awful lot of ground to cover in five or six movies. Too bad they couldn't do it as a TV show.
09/19 -- Godflesh
09/25-26 -- Godspeed You! Black Emperor
10/03 -- Origin
Old 05-11-2015, 08:00 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
It seems like an awful lot of ground to cover in five or six movies. Too bad they couldn't do it as a TV show.
It wouldn't be nearly as good if it was a TV show. The budget being a big proponent of that.

Even with it being a lot of ground to cover in a short span, I have faith, they haven't let me down yet.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Speaking of TV shows, I love Daredevil so far, and it would be cool if they brought him into Civil War, but Marvel seems weird about crossing over their TV shows into the movies. Like, why couldn't Agent Coulson have a cameo in Winter Soldier or AOU? Have they explained that on Agents of SHIELD? The Avengers still think he's dead right?
Old 05-12-2015, 08:47 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Speaking of TV shows, I love Daredevil so far, and it would be cool if they brought him into Civil War, but Marvel seems weird about crossing over their TV shows into the movies. Like, why couldn't Agent Coulson have a cameo in Winter Soldier or AOU? Have they explained that on Agents of SHIELD? The Avengers still think he's dead right?
Not seen the season finale of AoS, and won't until tomorrow, but my best guess is that Coulson's in the cut of AoU that Joss finished, as he was spotted on-set while filming. The Avengers still think he's dead, and there's no reason to change that, really, yet.

They are weird about TV crossovers, though, because apart from Peggy Carter, they haven't happened yet. Civil War is most likely for some sort of cross pollination before Spider-Man, which is bound to see some nod to the Defenders, and then Infinity War will have everyone involved. And Inhumans will feature AoS because, well, y'know.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:50 AM
N00B

Quote:
AnthG

They somewhat tied it together a bit during the post-credits scene of Thor: A Dark World, when Sif and the other warrior from Asgard brought the Aether (One of the infinity stones) to the Collector on Knowhere to hold onto and keep safe.
11/12 - Kataklysm