Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Old 08-18-2014, 07:19 AM
Concert Veteran

So, Cena gets his rematch at night of champions and we all know Brock will win that. But who challenges Brock after that? I'm guessing they'll throw some of the big guys at him like Big Show, Mark Henry, Kane and Batista. Maybe Sheamus or Cesaro will have a shot at him to. These are the only guys on the roster that can match up well physically with Brock and make the matches come off as legit heavyweight title fights. Though they do have a lot of work to do with Cesaro if they were to have him challenge Brock. Losing to RVD on the summerslam pre-show does not make someone look like a threat to anything in 2014.

There's just no way Reigns takes the title from Brock at wrestlemania next year. Brock may end up retiring as champion. That's the only acceptable way to get the title off him because nobody on the roster right now can beat the Lesnar we saw last night.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:30 AM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

A few things I wanna say...

- Reigns is great, but has such a long way to go. D-Bry had a good solid month or two where they could have done so much with him, and missed it. It seems they'er trying to make that up with Reigns.

- Stop burying Cesaro..... unless they are trying to give him one of those generic "I keep losing blah blah time for a change" storylines.

- I HATE the rematch "claus". It really slows down the company from allowing new challengers/rivalries to start right away. Oh I lost the title, well I'll just fight you tomorrow on RAW and win it back.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-18-2014, 07:54 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I'd say retiring as champion is the best option. Or maybe a big six man match where all five of the other guys swarm him, take him out and then go after each other. There is no one that can come off believable after last night. In hin site last night was probably a bit too overboard. But damn it was sweet.

Cesaro could play the ex-Heyman guy card. But he's just not a believable guy now. Maybe in April-June of this year.

You're spot on about all those big guys but those would make for some pathetic matches.

Any of the Shield members, no way.

I legitimately don't think Daniel Bryan should be in a ring with him. Some of those suplexes were fucking stiff.

Some veteran would just suck.

Batista?

And there's still Cena. He is going to be a seventeen time champion sooner than later.

Yeah, they may have fucked themselves with that domination last night. But I don't care because I don't need to watch anymore. Last night I saw what I've wanted to see for years.

And it is pro-wrestling. They could just book him to look weak and have him lose to anybody. It's not like they haven't pissed us off before.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-18-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:26 AM

I can't wait to see the ass kicking that Cena got sometime . Sounds so awesome.

In an unrelated note, everyone who is a fan of Jericho's podcast, download his interview with Cody Rhodes & Goldust, its great.

Now back to Summerslam...
It sounds ilke the lumberjack match went far above and beyond everyones expectations.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-18-2014, 12:28 PM

Could be a bit far-fetched however I would like to see Angle vs. Lesnar. With all the rumors going around that Kurt Angle wants to end his career in WWE when his TNA deal is up it would make sense to have a match with his old rival and I think most people would be okay if Angle won the belt.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:45 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Could be a bit far-fetched however I would like to see Angle vs. Lesnar. With all the rumors going around that Kurt Angle wants to end his career in WWE when his TNA deal is up it would make sense to have a match with his old rival and I think most people would be okay if Angle won the belt.
My problem with Angle facing him is the same problem I have with Daniel Bryan facing him. He's too rough. I'd be afraid that he'd break one of their fragile necks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I can't wait to see the ass kicking that Cena got sometime . Sounds so awesome.

In an unrelated note, everyone who is a fan of Jericho's podcast, download his interview with Cody Rhodes & Goldust, its great.

Now back to Summerslam...
It sounds ilke the lumberjack match went far above and beyond everyones expectations.
It was very good. It could have been more if it wasn't held back by PG bullshit. But I really enjoyed them. I'd like to see them in a Falls Count Anywhere or Hell in a Cell match.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 08-18-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Angle vs Lesnar again would be awesome, but it'd force Lesnar to hold back and not be TOO rough. They had an amazing match at WMXIX, and maybe it'd give Lesnar another chance to actually nail that SHooting Star Press

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Can I just say that Dean Ambrose is fecking gifted? Man oh man the guy is so freaking top notch in ability its frightening. He has the look, the feel, charisma, charm, mic skills, quick wit, good in ring ability, mannerisms, all of it. What a star.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Can I just say that Dean Ambrose is fecking gifted? Man oh man the guy is so freaking top notch in ability its frightening. He has the look, the feel, charisma, charm, mic skills, quick wit, good in ring ability, mannerisms, all of it. What a star.
Its sad he doesn't have the Macho McMahon look that WWE likes to have as their face of the company. I missed the match last night, fell asleep early, but sounds amazing. It's no wonder WWE is hiring so many of the Indy Scene big wigs, they put on AMAZING matches.

On a different note, with the new logo in place, and new titles needing to be made to support said logo, maybe we'll get some new tag team titles that don't look like giant pennies.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-21-2014, 08:50 AM

So Bubba Ray is done with TNA now. It'd be cool to see him and Devon make one final run WWE, or just come back and be inducted in the hall of fame.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com