After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Swashbuckle -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 11th, 2014

The headlining band tonight was Nekrogoblikon (who is likely finishing their set right about now), but my buddy and I only stayed for Swashbuckle. He got there much earlier than I did, but when I showed up, Rainbowdragoneyes was playing.

These types of bands are weird for me. Sometimes I get cynical and can't appreciate them as a joke, whereas othertimes I think they're hilarious and awesome. Rainbowdragoneyes falls into the latter category. It's some strange metal/techno/dance/weird stuff. It's the drummer of Swashbuckle singing along to Nintendo-esque songs. Nothing I'd listen to at home, but still fun.

Crimson Shadows was up next. This was my 11th time seeing them and it never gets old. I've been a bit critical of their new album despite really enjoying it, and it was cool to hear three new songs from it. They are incredibly energetic live. The pit was relentless and pretty muAch out of control for the entire set. Somewhat out of order but complete set:

Freedom and Salvation
Rise To Power
Maiden's Call
Heroes Among Us
Lost In A Dark Forest
A Gathering of Kings
Beyond The Mountain Wasteland

Swashbuckle was up next. Before I get to their set, I wanted to mention how happy I was to finally have an early show. Swashbuckle was scheduled to finish at 9:40, and Nekrogoblikon to finish at 11. This is reasonable for a weeknight. I was hoping this would become a trend, but the reason the show occurred so early is because the guys in Swashbuckle have to work tomorrow morning at 6 AM and have to trek back to New Jersey. Really shows their commitment to this.

Swashbuckle's set was fantastic. I think it took a couple of songs for them to win the crowd over, but once people got into it, it was nuts. The pit was crazy throughout, and there were a few stage dives. Admiral Nobeard is absolutely hilarious. He's actually a great bass player too. The band injected some electronic moments into the set courtesy of Rainbowdragoneyes. It was so much fun. I would love to see them again.

Partial/out of order set:

Back To The Noose
Rounds of Rum (?)
Peg-Leg Stomp
Cruise Ship Terror
Sharkbait (?)
I Hate The Sea (And Everything In It)
Poop Deck Toilet Wreck
Walk The Plank
Kiss From A Rose (Seal Cover)

Kiss From A Rose had a slightly different title (Kiss From A ...) that I can't quite remember, but the band played it without any heavy moments and it was fantastic.
11/7 - Artillery/Onslaught
11/27 - DTA/Obituary/Massacre
Old 08-11-2014, 07:25 PM
That Guy

That does sound like a fun show.

Tags
crimson shadows, swashbuckle