Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 08-03-2014, 01:35 PM
N00B

Hundredth -- Pontiac, MI -- August 2nd, 2014

I thought there would be less than 200 people at this show. How wrong I was. There were easily double that, maybe more. It was a really cool mix of diverse-sounding bands. I love it when tours do that as opposed to booking 4 or 5 bands that sound just like each other. When I was walking to the venue the singer from Hundredth was skateboarding around the neighborhood. I suppose life on the road presents a lot of downtime, so bring your skateboard. I got there late & missed the first band called My Iron Lung. The first band I saw was a local band called Boys of Fall. I had seen them once before when they opened for Convictions at a skate park in Dearborn Heights a few months ago. They're a really good metalcore/punk band from Detroit, and they're worth a listen or seeing live.

Next was a band from California called Capsize. They were really heavy & really fast, but their music did nothing for me. They had an AMAZING drummer, though. The singer from Being As An Ocean sang a song w/ them as well.

Next was a sort of pop-punk band called Forever Came Calling. They were good live, but that genre doesn't do it for me.

Being As An Ocean played next. I had never even heard of them before, and they totally blew me away. Wow! Amazing live energy & really good musicians. Check em out.

Handguns played next. They were a fantastic live band, but their style of music does nothing for me.

Finally it was time for the main band I was there to see... Counterparts. I am sort of new to this band. I saw them open for Stick To Your Guns a few months ago and really fell in love w/ them. They absolutely tore the place apart! The room was PACKED for their set. Their entire set was awesome, but the highlight was "Reflection." The crowd also sang along super loud during "Outlier" and "The Disconnect." Counterparts will be on tour in the fall w/ Stray From The Path. Go to that tour. Do it! Do it!

Counterparts setlist
Lost
Witness
Ghost
Debris
Slave
Outlier
Reflection
Compass
The Disconnect

Hundredth headlined. To be honest I didn't know what to expect because I've seen them live so many times, and they also had to follow Counterparts (Good luck w/ that). I was pleasantly surprised. They killed it. It did feel weird, however, seeing them play in such a big room w/ a barricade between the stage and the crowd. They were fantastic, and it was cool to see some songs that I've never seen them play live before. The highlight was "Live Today." They dedicated the song "Desolate" to a band called Hollow Earth. I'm not sure who that is, so I'll need to check em out.

Hundredth setlist
Carry On
Shelter
Ruin
Free Mind/Open Spirit
Barren
Live Today
Willows
Demons
Desolate
Weathered Town
11/3 Anberlin
11/5 BOO/Erra
12/9 ETID
12/11 Snot
12/20 Battlecross
Old 08-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Would love to see Handguns again but I don't care for anyone else on the bill. guh.
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol
Old 08-03-2014, 11:03 PM
N00B

BAAO is really good but Handguns are the best band on that tour, Counterparts is a close second.

Tags
counterparts, hundredth