Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 AM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

awesome album !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 07-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Altars of Radness

How can you not love the fuck out of the riff in Conjuration? Bombenhagel rips too, although I do think the national anthem solo was unnecessary. Aside from that I think the album is damn near perfect. I don't know why Nuclear Winter isn't a staple in their live sets.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:48 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
How can you not love the fuck out of the riff in Conjuration? Bombenhagel rips too, although I do think the national anthem solo was unnecessary. Aside from that I think the album is damn near perfect. I don't know why Nuclear Winter isn't a staple in their live sets.
I guess calling the last two songs 'duds' was a little harsh, but I don't think they are up to the quality of the rest of the album. Bombenhagel especially bothers me -- it sounds like a bunch of leftover ideas thrown together just to add an extra song at the end of the album.

Nuclear Winter should absolutely be a live staple. As should Enchanted Land... and Electrocution... and Christ Passion... and...
Old 07-24-2014, 05:30 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Accuser - The Conviction - 1987

Accuser show a lot of promise on The Conviction; they play a lively brand of melodic thrash metal, probably stuck somewhere in between Metallica and Megadeth. Indeed, at times their flair for the dramatic and ability to lock into a giant riff make them sound like a less robust Metallica while other moments of reckless speed make them sound like a less ambitious Megadeth. They simply lack the polish and creativity of those two giants of thrash, though. There are times when a riff or rhythm change just sounds off -- and the vocals are certainly an acquired taste -- but there are other moments, like the half-time part of the verse in "Evil Liar" or that gnarly stuttering bridge riff in the title track that are prime examples of solid songwriting and riff construction. The Conviction is a bit of a mixed bag, for sure but the good outweighs the bad, and the contents of the album are definitely much better than the cover art might suggest!

Standouts: The Conviction, Evil Liar, Screaming For Guilt

Score: 7/10
Old 08-15-2014, 05:51 PM

Blessed Death - Destined For Extinction - 1987

I'll keep this brief, kids. Blessed Death's debut album sucked. Hard. The vocals were all kinds of annoying, the production was awful and the songs were uninspired and boring. Their second album, Destined For Extinction sucks almost as hard. This album is plagued with the same problems that were present on the debut, just slightly less so. I don't think the debut had a point as low as the clean part in "Incoming Wounded" though. Thankfully, the album title would prove to be rather prophetic.

Standouts: Nope.

Score: 1.5/10