Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 06-27-2014, 11:09 AM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Once you crack far down into hardcore not really. There is enough of a difference to separate most bands. Plus for a lot of these hardcore tours they don't book every band that sounds the same.
To people that are REALLY into hardcore, sure there's a difference. But if you're like me and have a passing interest there isn't a whole lot that separates many of the bands that Southern Lord and Deathwish were throwing out there for awhile. It's not a bad thing, but there's just not a whole lot separating bands like Dead In The Dirt and Loincloth to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Yeah totally wooshed over my head too.
Pallbearer: 10/28
Old 06-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Is hardcore "two-stepping" that thing that looks like 90's ska dancing or "skanking"?
Similar yes.

Quote:
I should of said that the show was great, people getting hurt wasn't.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
The last time I saw Enslaved there was one song they didn't play called the Watcher that I really wanted them to play. When I got in my car after the show the first song that came on the radio was the Watcher.
Now that's funny .
Old 06-27-2014, 01:36 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:

Why don't these kids go enlist in the military or something?
Very similar demographic.

I try not to judge others, but people that get off punching other people are lame. I do suppose it's a good outlet for them, though. What was the psychology term called... sublimation? Yeah.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:09 PM

I'm considering doing a history of glam through albums, similar to Gordo's thrash thread and to my previous power metal thread. The reason I stopped doing that one is because at the time I was extremely busy with life and didn't really have time that I thought I had to do it. Take that and combine it with not knowing as much as I needed to in order to do it properly , and you have something that I just felt I couldn't do. I tried to go back to it a couple of days ago, but it had been so long since I posted on it that I had lost track of where I was on years and how I was keeping up with it all.

So yea, I'm pretty sure nobody here will probably be interested in it, but it's the middle of summer vacation and I got nothing else to do, so I'm considering it.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post

I try not to judge others, but people that get off punching other people are lame. I do suppose it's a good outlet for them, though. What was the psychology term called... sublimation? Yeah.
I bet those same kids like UFC
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvtard View Post

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. It's an interesting question. If you take an ordinary, non-violent guy, put him under certain social situations (like war, or hardcore concerts), what's the likelihood of him showing uncharacteristic sadistic behavior? And what is the root cause of it? Depression, insecurity, anger, etc.?

I was reading somewhere where a psychologist said he would rather his son have self control than intelligence. Psychologists are usually full of shit, but that actually makes sense to me, even if there's likely a correlation between the two.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. It's an interesting question. If you take an ordinary, non-violent guy, put him under certain social situations (like war, or hardcore concerts), what's the likelihood of him showing uncharacteristic sadistic behavior? And what is the root cause of it? Depression, insecurity, anger, etc.?

I was reading somewhere where a psychologist said he would rather his son have self control than intelligence. Psychologists are usually full of shit, but that actually makes sense to me, even if there's likely a correlation between the two.
I'm an ordinary, non-violent guy and I've been in extremely violent pits and I've never wanted to deck someone at all. And this is after people have been fighting and doing other shit. Assholes are assholes no matter what.
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Old 06-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I'm an ordinary, non-violent guy and I've been in extremely violent pits and I've never wanted to deck someone at all. And this is after people have been fighting and doing other shit. Assholes are assholes no matter what.
I'm not particularly violent unless put in the situation where I have to defend myself and after going to all these hardcore shows I don't want to hit someone on purpose. Even when I'm throwing down and hit someone by mistake I usually check to make sure their fine.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote from Motley Crue on facebook:
"We got really old school,brand new unreleased,huge smash hits and deep fan favorite songs in the setlist.The show itself is gonna blow your mind….Opening night is just a few nights away…We will let you decide….."

Can't wait to see if that's true.