Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

  #111  
Old 06-05-2014, 07:12 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
JJ Abrams involved means that I'm not interested at all.
His involvment does scare the hell out of me (especially added with the EU shitting that happened a few weeks ago). I liked the first Star Trek. And Lost was good...at first. After the second season it got ridiculous. I can't remember watching anything else of his. Did he do District 9? I did like that.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 06-05-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,570
Not a single director who could be doing this that wouldn't make people nervous, it's too huge a property. JJ is in the perfect point in his career to do it, with the Star Trek flicks he's proven he can use a budget wisely and knows how to construct a good cast. Much like the Star Terk films, this will not please everyone, and will split fans young and old, but he's not Zack Snyder or David Goyer, and has respect for the source material of beloved franchises.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-05-2014, 09:07 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is online now
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,880
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Not a single director who could be doing this that wouldn't make people nervous, it's too huge a property. JJ is in the perfect point in his career to do it, with the Star Trek flicks he's proven he can use a budget wisely and knows how to construct a good cast. Much like the Star Terk films, this will not please everyone, and will split fans young and old, but he's not Zack Snyder or David Goyer, and has respect for the source material of beloved franchises.
David Goyer should never write alone, but he has great ideas.
Of course, without the Nolans, the Batmantrilogy would've been full of the (sometimes) cringeworthy dialogue we got with Batman Begins (a great film, mind you).

Zack Snyder's only film I actually like is Watchmen, and I really don't care about Abrams having success. Besides, your argument about "will not please everyone" is silly, cause it counts for all movies.

And, Adam, it was Neil Blomkamp who directed District 9.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.

Last edited by MetalIsArt; 06-05-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
David Goyer should never write alone, but he has great ideas.
Of course, without the Nolans, the Batmantrilogy would've been full of the (sometimes) cringeworthy dialogue we got with Batman Begins (a great film, mind you).

Zack Snyder's only film I actually like is Watchmen, and I really don't care about Abrams having success. Besides, your argument about "will not please everyone" is silly, cause it counts for all movies.

And, Adam, it was Neil Blomkamp who directed District 9.
If you call mysoginy and insulting the fanbase of a beloved character a great idea, then yes! Snyder's films are usually dumb, Watchmen is one of his few that isn't it.

True enough, but I have faith in Abrams. Dude is one of the best for the job. The fact that he's using at least some actual puppets makes me super happy.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-05-2014, 09:28 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is online now
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,880
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
If you call mysoginy and insulting the fanbase of a beloved character a great idea, then yes! Snyder's films are usually dumb, Watchmen is one of his few that isn't it.

True enough, but I have faith in Abrams. Dude is one of the best for the job. The fact that he's using at least some actual puppets makes me super happy.
The fanbase of a beloved character, you mean Batman or Supes?

I have something against people who demand everything from comicbooks to be translated literally on the screen, but let's not get into that. Man Of Steel was just about ok, had a few miscastings, but at least it wasn't a drag like Superman Returns.

Batman VS Superman will be horrible, you can already see that.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.

Last edited by MetalIsArt; 06-05-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-05-2014, 11:25 AM
smearCampaign's Avatar
smearCampaign smearCampaign is offline
...the dead are among us!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ann arbor, mi
Posts: 1,719
Did you guys see these shirts?





__________________
8/30 - Morbid Saint / Vektor
10/3 - Prosanctus Inferi / Horrendous ?
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-05-2014, 11:33 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,359
That Obi-wan one is pretty brutal. I wanna see Jar-Jar Binks in Suffocations font with his head grafted onto the machine on the cover of Effigy of the Forgotten. All would be forgiven.

Or maybe just Jar-Jar superimposed into the cover of Cannibal Holocaust.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 06-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
The fanbase of a beloved character, you mean Batman or Supes?

I have something against people who demand everything from comicbooks to be translated literally on the screen, but let's not get into that. Man Of Steel was just about ok, had a few miscastings, but at least it wasn't a drag like Superman Returns.

Batman VS Superman will be horrible, you can already see that.
Google David Goyer Martian Manhunter and read what he recently had to say about him, and about She-Hulk. Dude should not be anywhere NEAR comic book films.

Oh me too, but there's away to write them that feels like a modern interpretation and not a bastardization, Man of Steel falls closer to the latter. Not to mention just not feeling like a cohesive plot.

Batman v Superman will have good parts, I think. As a whole it looks like it'll be pretty weak, though. Still will absolutely clean house in the box office.

Back on topic: Disney will be selling Princess Leia stuff in their Disney Princess section. This is good news.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 06-05-2014, 12:45 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,359
I've noticed the Star Wars section at the Diznee Store in my mall getting bigger and bigger. Just wait until next fall. You'll see poor Mickey and Doc McStuffins hanging out in the back smoking cigarettes stickering boxes of Bobs Fett action figures.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 06-05-2014, 01:04 PM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,852
The Disney Store at the Eaton Centre is slowly becoming equal parts Old-school Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel
__________________
09/19 - Crowbar/Revocation
10/06 - The Black Dahlia Murder
10/14 - Machine Head/Children of Bodom
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008