Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Brooklyn, NY -- November 19th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Broomfield, CO -- November 19th, 2014
Threshold -- Ludwigsburg, Germany -- November 11th, 2014

Old 06-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
I'm posting this thing everywhere because I worked hard as hell on this. This is Part 1 of the article that I have referenced on here a bunch of times.

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2014...hammer-part-1/
I read a little bit and it seems really intriguing. I will definitely read the rest of the article later this week once school slows down a bit. Never heard of Lucifer's Hammer before, but any article involving Mike Scalzi is a winner!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:12 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
I read a little bit and it seems really intriguing. I will definitely read the rest of the article later this week once school slows down a bit. Never heard of Lucifer's Hammer before, but any article involving Mike Scalzi is a winner!
Scalzi's role is somewhat minor in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the story I'm writing about, although he encouraged me to write this article in the first place haha. BTW, have you ever checked out Hammers of Misfortune? I feel like you'd like them a lot. Killer bay area classic/traditional metal with '70s prog rock and Queen influences.

Part 2 of the article (which is the super cool bit IMO) will be up on Thursday, so if yer bored when school lets up there'll be some stuff for you to read haha.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 06-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee

Hammers of Misfortune
12/19 Lil B 'The Based God'
12/20 Cormorant/Wildhunt
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
Old 06-03-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Scalzi's role is somewhat minor in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the story I'm writing about, although he encouraged me to write this article in the first place haha. BTW, have you ever checked out Hammers of Misfortune? I feel like you'd like them a lot. Killer bay area classic/traditional metal with '70s prog rock and Queen influences.

Part 2 of the article (which is the super cool bit IMO) will be up on Thursday, so if yer bored when school lets up there'll be some stuff for you to read haha.
Sounds good. Maybe I'll wait until the weekend and go through both parts at once.

Never listened to Hammers of Misfortune, though I know the name. I'm actually really not a fan of progressive stuff, but I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:56 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Sounds good. Maybe I'll wait until the weekend and go through both parts at once.

Never listened to Hammers of Misfortune, though I know the name. I'm actually really not a fan of progressive stuff, but I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation.
They're not proggy in like a Dream Theater time-signature wankery sense, but more like they just have longer than average songs and they had kind of a theatrical element on their first album, The Bastard. Like progressive the same way Queen could be considered progressive.

The Locust Years and The Bastard are their really "progressive" albums and are both awesome, while The August Engine and 17th Street just have bunch of really great songs. The Grain from the latter album won't leave your skull for weeks.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 06-05-2014, 11:29 AM
One who onions things

And part 2 of my article is alive!

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2014...hammer-part-2/
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 06-08-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I just read parts 1 and 2 and they were really great. You can write well, and this is an interesting story that I was completely unaware of. I knew of some of the names involved (had no idea Weakling was even American; I've never listened to them, but I understand they're quite well loved in the black metal scene). I'm looking forward to part 3.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:16 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Played an absolutely awesome show last night! Funeral Age headlined night one of the WADM Metal Fest and it was so great. Never played on a stage so fucking big . My girlfriend got some GREAT shots of us as well

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-08-2014, 05:25 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
I just read parts 1 and 2 and they were really great. You can write well, and this is an interesting story that I was completely unaware of. I knew of some of the names involved (had no idea Weakling was even American; I've never listened to them, but I understand they're quite well loved in the black metal scene). I'm looking forward to part 3.
Thanks so much dude! I wish I could have written more about the specific bands, Weakling has never really been given their due in a big way. They really were incredibly influential. They were the first American black metal band that was actually good and could do the sound well live. Without them, there would be no Ludicra, Krallice and Wolves in the Throne Room among many many others.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Old 06-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I just finished my final lab paper for college. I'm am completely done with my undergraduate study and will receive a bachelor of science degree in Applied Physics next week!!