Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 05-14-2014, 08:49 PM
N00B

Skid Row -- San Francisco, CA -- May 13th, 2014

last night went to check out the skid row/black star riders show a the DNA Lounge in San Francisco, a pretty sweet venue that has a 24 hr attached pizza/sandwhich shop which actually was killer for after the show.

two opening bands sucked..local bands i believe

Black Star Riders got to play an hour n five min..i loved that it was like a co-headlining show. they are the band i mainly showed up for, for those who might not know they are, they are the "New Thin Lizzy" Marco Mendoza and Scott Gorham still got it..man did they rock all night, insanely tight and talented band!!
the new singer Ricky Warwick is unbelievable man...all the respect in the world for phil lynott...but he sounds damn close to him. they really stole the entire night. and their new album "All Hell Breaks Loose" is rocking.

Black Star Riders:
All hell breaks loose
Are You Ready
Bloodshot
Bad Reputation
Hoodoo Voodoo
Jailbreak
Kingdom Of The Lost
Hey Judas
Massacre
Valley Of The Stones
Emerald
Bound For Glory
Cowboy Song
Boys are back in town

10/10

note: Whiskey in a jar was supposed to be played, but every band was 30 min late to their set time..so im assuming it was cause of that...after the show i got to meet everyone in the band outside..all super nice guys! they truly appreciate their fans.

Skid Row was the headliner for tonight..and to be honest 25% of the crowd left..there must of been 250 people tops for the whole night. very sad turnout..in fact the drummer of black star riders posted on facebook today that DNA Lounge should stand for Do Not Attend...

im sure there is a ton of "No Bas No Skid Row" but you know what..jack russell, geoff tate, and Sebastian aint coming back to those bands..so dont give me no monkey buisness lol..i have a heard a few clips online from johnny solinger...but unfortunately the clips didnt lie..he is pretty bad..
he is fake screaming..he cant hit the high notes and isnt fooling anyone. snake still shreds but is def obliterated on drugs all night lol. overall the band rocked!! just not the singer...they had no momentum with me or the rest of the crowd it seemed. still it was fun to hear some of my favorites and the classics

Skid Row:
Let's Go
Big Guns
Makin' a Mess
Piece of Me
18 And Life
Thick Is the Skin
In a Darkened Room
Kings of Demolition
Psycho Therapy
I Remember You
Riot Act
Monkey Business
Slave To The Grind
Youth Gone Wild

5.5/10

overall the night was great, had a great time..if your a fan of thin lizzy its worth it to just see these guys jam..their performance made the whole night.

Fun Fact: Phil Demmel of Machine Head Was there..got to meet him and get a pic..fucking awesome!! machine head rules, he also came for Black Star Riders and him and i were raving about how good they were tonight! and for you bay area people..he said the minute the machine head album "killers and kings" comes out this year they will be playing a bay area show!
7/6 Mayhem Fest
8/4 Aerosmith/Slash
Old 05-15-2014, 01:04 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I can't wait for this BSR thing to take a break so Ricky can go back to doing good stuff for a while

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 05-15-2014, 06:58 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

After hearing Bach solo at M3, even if he did come back to Skid Row I'm pretty sure I would still not like them.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:03 AM
N00B

nice writeup! I am looking forward to seeing the BSR... Skid Row when i saw them at M3 , it didn't matter Bach or not. The songs are so great, and that guy that has been with them longer than Bach sings hella good

Tags
black star riders, skid row