Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

  #151  
Old 05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I'm not saying every soundtrack should be nothing but rock and metal, of course there are times for electronic stuff, but doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't not like it simply because it's electronic, I don't like it because I listen to it and don't like what I hear, that's kinda how it generally works.
Yeah the scene would have been much better if WASP was playing right?


I agree with Nat, movie was fucking great and the music fit in perfect.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 05-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,577
Wow, y'all loved TASM 2, huh? I'll see how I fair when I watch it again when it's out on DVD. Loved the human story, didn't dig the hero parts as much at all, but to each their own.

Apologies in hindsight for the spoilery material, my lesser opinion of the film made me forget not everyone will dislike it for the same reasons.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 05-07-2014, 04:11 AM
AnthG AnthG is online now
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,900
I watched it yesterday and thought it was ok. The ending was kind of lame though.
__________________
09/19 - Crowbar/Revocation
10/06 - The Black Dahlia Murder
11/30 - Slipknot/Korn
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 05-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Wow, y'all loved TASM 2, huh? I'll see how I fair when I watch it again when it's out on DVD. Loved the human story, didn't dig the hero parts as much at all, but to each their own.

Apologies in hindsight for the spoilery material, my lesser opinion of the film made me forget not everyone will dislike it for the same reasons.
Well, to put it in perspective, I didn't think much of the first ASM film, and thus pretty much expected this one to suck, but the trailers started looking pretty good so my outlook had perked up a bit. It surpassed my expectations. Having said that, I don't know if I would say I loved it - just that it pleasantly surprised me by sucking even less than I figured it would and even impressing me in certain ways (such as the decent acting in certain scenes, the fact that the action scenes with Electro were pretty outstanding, and the fact that the soundtrack fit the scenes he was in very well).

I also said it's the best Spidey film thus far mostly because I wasn't much of a fan of Tobey Maguire or Kirsten Dunst, and this film was much darker, which I liked. Truth be told, Spidey probably shouldn't be as dark as a character like Batman, for example, and the Maguire movies were probably more accurate to the theme of the comics, but I just tend to like a little bit of gravity in superhero films, which is why I liked X-Men: First Class and Cap 2 so much (and of course the Dark Knight Trilogy).
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?

Last edited by Natrlhi; 05-07-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 05-07-2014, 07:53 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,333
I fully expect the new Spider-Man to be better than I originally thought it would be from its horrible video game trailers. But that still only makes it slightly-less-than-shit.

X-Men First Class I will be watching in about two weeks when my friend who also hasn't seen it arrives. After this long being "out of the loop" on that one, we figured we really should wait and watch it together so as to dissect it immediately

Captain America 2 I'm very much looking forward to. I expect I'll see that next year sometime.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 05-07-2014, 10:00 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Yeah the scene would have been much better if WASP was playing right?


I agree with Nat, movie was fucking great and the music fit in perfect.
well of course but that's beside the point...

I have to agree the electronic stuff fit the mood good but I was more or less really aiming the hate at the end credits song, should have had a better tune.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 05-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,842
So you blasted the entire soundtrack because you didn't like the song that plays over the end credits?
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 05-07-2014, 10:39 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
So you blasted the entire soundtrack because you didn't like the song that plays over the end credits?
don't you know that the end credit music makes or breaks a film.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:15 AM
XDoomsayerX's Avatar
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Amazing Spidey 2 was even better than I thought it was going to be. I disagree with the previous posters who said the soundtrack sucked - I thought it was absolutely perfect for the main villain, who I'm sure everybody knows is Electro. The fact that the music in the Electro scenes was mainly electronic and totally sinister really amped up the scenes with him in them (pun fully intended).

Seriously, some of you metalheads need to stop automatically hating any and all music that sounds even remotely electronic. It's really getting old, and you're really missing out on some good stuff. I'm not a fan of dubstep or bass drops, but there's a time and place for everything, and what better use of that type of sound than when an all-powerful, omnipresent psychopath is razing Times Square to the ground using gigantic bolts of electricity?

Plus, there was actually some damn decent acting in this film. I was shocked (pun not intended). When I go to a superhero movie, I don't necessarily expect that, but it was great to see. Granted, the top superhero movie in that regard is still X-Men: First Class, but Amazing Spidey 2 was right up there among the best.

I also thought the length of the action scenes was just about right. I think some people felt they weren't long enough because they couldn't stomach the dramatic parts and wanted nothing but action the entire time, which is also why I'm guessing people thought it was too long. Could it have been paced a little better? Maybe, but I didn't think the movie was brutally long or anything.

I suppose a bit more development of Electro's character could have improved the film a bit - that's the only negative comment I agree with, but to me it wasn't a dealbreaker. If we're talking about villains other than him, then I agree that more would have been better, but that's obviously coming in the sequel(s).

Overall, it's the best Spidey film to date. Go see it on the big screen - video just ain't cuttin' it for this movie.
I just thought music overall was lame not because it was electronic just wasn't good tunes in general especially the lyrics for that Electro music.

I thought the movie was entertaining and has much more potential for the next one.
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 05-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,577
Soundtrack lacked hummable themes, but it was decent for the most part. Action scenes had busy music and love scenes had somber music, did what any movie soundtrack should do, it just wasn't memorable.

Am I the only one hyped for Godzilla?
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008