Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 04-22-2014, 12:01 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,721
Blog Entries: 1
Motorhead should play more from the new album, and no more Over The Top & Metropolis.
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-22-2014, 02:36 AM
Piroxen's Avatar
Piroxen Piroxen is offline
when you hit the floor you can always crawl!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
In My Darkest Hour is from SFSGSW. They never play anything off their first album so there's no use in getting sad over that. Every now and then Mechanix or Rattlehead finds it's way in but that's it.
Yes, my fault, I thought they've already dropped In My Darkest Hour. But they even used to play Set the World Afire at the end of 2013, what is pretty nice to me. And Devil's Island too! Mechanix hasn't been played since 2010, but Rattlehead is played on special occasions. It was played on few dates in late 2013.

Guys, look at the setlist they used at their gig on 19th April at Pima County Fairgrounds, Tucson, AZ, USA. It's quite enjoyable.


1. Hangar 18
2. Wake Up Dead
3. In My Darkest Hour
4. Sweating Bullets
5. She-Wolf
6. DAWN PATROL
7. POISON WAS THE CURE
8. A Tout Le Monde
9. Trust
10. RECKONING DAY --- FIRST TIME SINCE 2012
11. Kingmaker
12. Symphony of Destruction
13. Peace Sells
-------------
14. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

They dropped Tornado, but they added other 2 songs from RIP. Also, Reckoning Day


EDIT: And when it comes to Motorhead, I really miss the power of Rock Out. And absence of Heartbreaker is really misunderstanding for me.

Last edited by Piroxen; 04-22-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-22-2014, 02:49 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,721
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piroxen View Post
Yes, my fault, I thought they've already dropped In My Darkest Hour. But they even used to play Set the World Afire at the end of 2013, what is pretty nice to me. And Devil's Island too! Mechanix hasn't been played since 2010, but Rattlehead is played on special occasions. It was played on few dates in late 2013.

Guys, look at the setlist they used at their gig on 19th April at Pima County Fairgrounds, Tucson, AZ, USA. It's quite enjoyable.


1. Hangar 18
2. Wake Up Dead
3. In My Darkest Hour
4. Sweating Bullets
5. She-Wolf
6. DAWN PATROL
7. POISON WAS THE CURE
8. A Tout Le Monde
9. Trust
10. RECKONING DAY --- FIRST TIME SINCE 2012
11. Kingmaker
12. Symphony of Destruction
13. Peace Sells
-------------
14. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

They dropped Tornado, but they added other 2 songs from RIP. Also, Reckoning Day


EDIT: And when it comes to Motorhead, I really miss the power of Rock Out. And absence of Heartbreaker is really misunderstanding for me.
I'd prefer Ten Thousand Names Of God to Rock Out, tbh.
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:11 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Motorhead should play more from the new album, and no more Over The Top & Metropolis.
Yes they should, but I strongly suspect Lemmy's condition has hampered their ability to rehearse the new songs. I mean, it's no coincidence that the only shows not to be cancelled basically since this time last year are the ones round the corner from Lemmy's house so that he doesn't have to do any travelling. It's pretty clear he's been in far worse condition than they've been letting on.

Maybe if he regains his strength enough to actually do the festivals they're planning to do, they'll be able to rehearse new songs in time to do their next headlining tour.

As for what they should stop doing, Damage Case and Stay Clean are top of the list for me.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-22-2014, 10:03 AM
hot_turkey_ed's Avatar
hot_turkey_ed hot_turkey_ed is offline
Director, Set List Intelligence
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 10,824
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Motorhead should play more from the new album, and no more Over The Top & Metropolis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Yes they should, but I strongly suspect Lemmy's condition has hampered their ability to rehearse the new songs. I mean, it's no coincidence that the only shows not to be cancelled basically since this time last year are the ones round the corner from Lemmy's house so that he doesn't have to do any travelling. It's pretty clear he's been in far worse condition than they've been letting on.
This. I imagine it's fortunate that Motorhead is performing what-so-ever.
__________________
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-22-2014, 11:11 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,721
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
This. I imagine it's fortunate that Motorhead is performing what-so-ever.
I didn't say the opposite, young sir
__________________
Jump in the fire

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Litany Litany is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piroxen View Post
Yes, my fault, I thought they've already dropped In My Darkest Hour. But they even used to play Set the World Afire at the end of 2013, what is pretty nice to me. And Devil's Island too! Mechanix hasn't been played since 2010, but Rattlehead is played on special occasions. It was played on few dates in late 2013.

Guys, look at the setlist they used at their gig on 19th April at Pima County Fairgrounds, Tucson, AZ, USA. It's quite enjoyable.


1. Hangar 18
2. Wake Up Dead
3. In My Darkest Hour
4. Sweating Bullets
5. She-Wolf
6. DAWN PATROL
7. POISON WAS THE CURE
8. A Tout Le Monde
9. Trust
10. RECKONING DAY --- FIRST TIME SINCE 2012
11. Kingmaker
12. Symphony of Destruction
13. Peace Sells
-------------
14. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

They dropped Tornado, but they added other 2 songs from RIP. Also, Reckoning Day


EDIT: And when it comes to Motorhead, I really miss the power of Rock Out. And absence of Heartbreaker is really misunderstanding for me.
Reckoning Day?! Yes. Please!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-22-2014, 06:58 PM
The Ghost at Number One's Avatar
The Ghost at Number One The Ghost at Number One is offline
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litany View Post
Reckoning Day?! Yes. Please!
I like Reckoning Day, and I love Dawn Patrol, but Poison Was the Cure? Of all the songs on Rust in Peace, I can't fathom them (him) picking that one. It's an unfortunate blight on an otherwise flawless album.
__________________
__________________

07/31 - Chicago / REO Speedwagon
08/14 - Paul McCartney
09/07 - Coheed and Cambria
10/30 - King Diamond
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:09 PM
Litany Litany is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
I like Reckoning Day, and I love Dawn Patrol, but Poison Was the Cure? Of all the songs on Rust in Peace, I can't fathom them (him) picking that one. It's an unfortunate blight on an otherwise flawless album.
I was on the Rust In Peace DVD, so I saw it all haha.

Youthanasia is my 3rd favorite album of theirs. I would completely lose it if they ever played Addicted to Chaos, Family Tree and Victory.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Litany Litany is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
I like Reckoning Day, and I love Dawn Patrol, but Poison Was the Cure? Of all the songs on Rust in Peace, I can't fathom them (him) picking that one. It's an unfortunate blight on an otherwise flawless album.
I really don't like Dawn Patrol. Useless, at least to me. The only flaw on that album. They could have played a whole other song instead.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
megadeth, motorhead

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008