Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014
Machine Head -- Toledo, OH -- July 18th, 2014
MayhemFest -- Clarkston, MI -- July 17th, 2014
Winger -- Portland, ME -- July 26th, 2014

Old 04-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Yeah Raid 2's action is amazing and so insane but the story is just fucking horrible. So boring, bloating, tacked on, overdrawn and confusing.
It's not good but I wouldn't say it's fucking horrible. I was a little bit confused myself but if you saw the first one it shouldn't be too hard to tell what's going on.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
It's not good but I wouldn't say it's fucking horrible. I was a little bit confused myself but if you saw the first one it shouldn't be too hard to tell what's going on.
I wrote a review and just said they tried too hard. It's boring and even if you know the first movie can get confusing plus tends to drag on sometimes.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Oculus was entertaining, def felt low budget but still aight. 6.5/10
Agree with this. Most good horror films are low-budget* so that didn't bother me much.

*"Most good horror films are low-budget" =/= "Most low-budget horror films are good"
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Old 04-24-2014, 04:21 PM

Went and saw Draft Day today, actually pretty good.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:40 PM

Brick Mansions was decent, fun action and a laughablely bad story and decent acting.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Saw Captain 'Merica (fuck yeah!) tonight....very well done, I won't repeat what others have said on this thread
Old 05-02-2014, 12:36 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Was with the homies so we saw Spidey 2. It was aight. I'd give it a 6.5/10

+Gwen/Pete relationship
+Cool CGI
+Electro(kinda)
+Action scenes are nice...
-action scenes are too short and needed more
-Villain character development is lacking
-Too long
-Crap soundtrack

Last edited by XDoomsayerX; 05-02-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

saw the new Spidey, and it was awesome! though I agree above that the soundtrack was a piece of crap.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Amazing Spidey 2 was even better than I thought it was going to be. I disagree with the previous posters who said the soundtrack sucked - I thought it was absolutely perfect for the main villain, who I'm sure everybody knows is Electro. The fact that the music in the Electro scenes was mainly electronic and totally sinister really amped up the scenes with him in them (pun fully intended).

Seriously, some of you metalheads need to stop automatically hating any and all music that sounds even remotely electronic. It's really getting old, and you're really missing out on some good stuff. I'm not a fan of dubstep or bass drops, but there's a time and place for everything, and what better use of that type of sound than when an all-powerful, omnipresent psychopath is razing Times Square to the ground using gigantic bolts of electricity?

Plus, there was actually some damn decent acting in this film. I was shocked (pun not intended). When I go to a superhero movie, I don't necessarily expect that, but it was great to see. Granted, the top superhero movie in that regard is still X-Men: First Class, but Amazing Spidey 2 was right up there among the best.

I also thought the length of the action scenes was just about right. I think some people felt they weren't long enough because they couldn't stomach the dramatic parts and wanted nothing but action the entire time, which is also why I'm guessing people thought it was too long. Could it have been paced a little better? Maybe, but I didn't think the movie was brutally long or anything.

I suppose a bit more development of Electro's character could have improved the film a bit - that's the only negative comment I agree with, but to me it wasn't a dealbreaker. If we're talking about villains other than him, then I agree that more would have been better, but that's obviously coming in the sequel(s).

Overall, it's the best Spidey film to date. Go see it on the big screen - video just ain't cuttin' it for this movie.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 05-06-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Amazing Spidey 2 was even better than I thought it was going to be. I disagree with the previous posters who said the soundtrack sucked - I thought it was absolutely perfect for the main villain, who I'm sure everybody knows is Electro. The fact that the music in the Electro scenes was mainly electronic and totally sinister really amped up the scenes with him in them (pun fully intended).

Seriously, some of you metalheads need to stop automatically hating any and all music that sounds even remotely electronic. It's really getting old, and you're really missing out on some good stuff. I'm not a fan of dubstep or bass drops, but there's a time and place for everything, and what better use of that type of sound than when an all-powerful, omnipresent psychopath is razing Times Square to the ground using gigantic bolts of electricity?

Plus, there was actually some damn decent acting in this film. I was shocked (pun not intended). When I go to a superhero movie, I don't necessarily expect that, but it was great to see. Granted, the top superhero movie in that regard is still X-Men: First Class, but Amazing Spidey 2 was right up there among the best.

I also thought the length of the action scenes was just about right. I think some people felt they weren't long enough because they couldn't stomach the dramatic parts and wanted nothing but action the entire time, which is also why I'm guessing people thought it was too long. Could it have been paced a little better? Maybe, but I didn't think the movie was brutally long or anything.

I suppose a bit more development of Electro's character could have improved the film a bit - that's the only negative comment I agree with, but to me it wasn't a dealbreaker. If we're talking about villains other than him, then I agree that more would have been better, but that's obviously coming in the sequel(s).

Overall, it's the best Spidey film to date. Go see it on the big screen - video just ain't cuttin' it for this movie.
I'm not saying every soundtrack should be nothing but rock and metal, of course there are times for electronic stuff, but doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't not like it simply because it's electronic, I don't like it because I listen to it and don't like what I hear, that's kinda how it generally works.