Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014

  #171  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:33 AM
swboyd swboyd is online now
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
In Chicago the two main record stores I know of are Reckless Records (3 locations in Chicago, none in other places in the USA, and some in London) and Record Breakers (which is a record store on top of Reggies Rock Club.
There are also a few smaller ones around Logan Square that are pretty nice. Logan Hardware and Bucket O' Blood records. Logan Hardware is a nice, small little independent store that doesn't really cater to anything other than the general populace of the area. Bucket O' Blood specializes in punk, indie, and metal and also has a good sci-fi/horror book selection. Both are nice places I need to frequent a little more.

Recent vinyl purchases:

Young and In The Way - 'When Death Comes To Life" 12"
Cult Leader - "Nothing For Us Here" 12"
Moral Void/Young And In The Way split 7"
Gaza - "No Absolutes In Human Suffering" 12"
__________________
4/27 - Iron Reagan/Enabler
5/15 - Nothing
5/16 - Ulcerate/Inter Arma
5/17 - Pig Destroyer/Weekend Nachos?
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 04-21-2014, 09:35 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by swboyd View Post
There are also a few smaller ones around Logan Square that are pretty nice. Logan Hardware and Bucket O' Blood records. Logan Hardware is a nice, small little independent store that doesn't really cater to anything other than the general populace of the area. Bucket O' Blood specializes in punk, indie, and metal and also has a good sci-fi/horror book selection. Both are nice places I need to frequent a little more.

Recent vinyl purchases:

Young and In The Way - 'When Death Comes To Life" 12"
Cult Leader - "Nothing For Us Here" 12"
Moral Void/Young And In The Way split 7"
Gaza - "No Absolutes In Human Suffering" 12"
I need to actually check out Logan Hardware. My friend lives a few doors down from that place and I went in there to grab something for my friend's roommate on Record Store Day, but didn't get a chance to really browse because of the sea of people. I saw Eyehategod and Cryptic Slaughter vinyl on the wall, so I know they have some good shit.
__________________
7/25 Primitive Man ?
8/2 SummersLaughter ?
8/8 Motley Crue
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:42 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
I need to actually check out Logan Hardware. My friend lives a few doors down from that place and I went in there to grab something for my friend's roommate on Record Store Day, but didn't get a chance to really browse because of the sea of people. I saw Eyehategod and Cryptic Slaughter vinyl on the wall, so I know they have some good shit.
Let's go.

Bucket O Blood is between the California blue line and Killians place as well.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 17,909
New additions:

AC/DC - Back In Black
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
AC/DC - High Voltage
Black Sabbath - Mob Rules
Black Sabbath - Live Evil
Overkill - ReliXIV
Overkill - Live From Oz
Kreator - Enemy of God
Flotsam & Jetsam - My God
Queensryche - Queensryche
Paradise Lost - One Second
Black Label Society - Stronger Than Death
Black Label Society - 1919 Eternal
Leif Edling - Songs of Torment, Songs of Joy
Warren Haynes - Tales of Ordinary Madness
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival

Last edited by ravenheart; 04-22-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 04-22-2014, 11:46 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is offline
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Let's go.

Bucket O Blood is between the California blue line and Killians place as well.
Yeah, right next to Revolution Brewing!
__________________
7/25 Primitive Man ?
8/2 SummersLaughter ?
8/8 Motley Crue
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 04-23-2014, 07:07 AM
swboyd swboyd is online now
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Yeah, right next to Revolution Brewing!
One of my favorite places in Chicago. I love their beer.
__________________
4/27 - Iron Reagan/Enabler
5/15 - Nothing
5/16 - Ulcerate/Inter Arma
5/17 - Pig Destroyer/Weekend Nachos?
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 05-03-2014, 11:33 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,322
Blog Entries: 19
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rjEcg9Ji53...iscography.JPG
__________________
07/24 - Mutilation Rites
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/27 - Touche Amore
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 05-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Epidemic Reign's Avatar
Epidemic Reign Epidemic Reign is offline
Hell Bent for Liquor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 3,025
^ dafuq
__________________
10.01 Sonata Arctica
11.03 King Diamond
01.22 70000 Tons of Metal
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 06-28-2014, 08:30 PM
The Colonel The Colonel is offline
slave to the grind
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 232
A few new additions:


Birdflesh/PLF split 12"
Bouncing Souls/The Menzingers split 7"
BruceXCampbell/Green Terror split 7"
BruceXCampbell/Pyogenic Cystclot split 7"
Cobra Venom "Warriors" 7"
Dead Congregation "Promulgation of the Fall" 12"
Godhunter "City of Dust" 12"
The Kill/Mortalized split 7"
Miasmal "Cursed Redeemer" 12"
Skinfather "None Will Mourn" 12"
Uncanny "Creation's Tomb" 7"
__________________
7/25-Undergang
8/1-Buried at Birth
8/4-Oathbreaker
8/5-Early Graves
8/9-Sorrower/Blister Unit
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008