The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
So, what you're saying is that all the footage of Rhino that was in the previews was basically ALL the footage in the actual movie?

And also, was there any sort of cliffhanger ending that would lead into the third one?
Basically! He isn't even mentioned and is of no consequence to the plot, unless you count Harry Osborn giving him the Rhino suit at the end.

Nope - film ends with Spider-Man just about to fight Rhino after defeating the films big villains with no new big bad being set up. I mean, Oscorp still exists and are out to get him, but there's no new villain directly introduced or hinted that apart from Easter eggs.

Also, the after credits teaser is for X-Men Days of Future Past. While it's cool the two studios are possibly working together, I'd have very much rather seen a ten second teaser of Venom, or Mysterio, or Carnage or ANYTHING for ASM 3.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:39 AM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Basically! He isn't even mentioned and is of no consequence to the plot, unless you count Harry Osborn giving him the Rhino suit at the end.

Nope - film ends with Spider-Man just about to fight Rhino after defeating the films big villains with no new big bad being set up. I mean, Oscorp still exists and are out to get him, but there's no new villain directly introduced or hinted that apart from Easter eggs.

Also, the after credits teaser is for X-Men Days of Future Past. While it's cool the two studios are possibly working together, I'd have very much rather seen a ten second teaser of Venom, or Mysterio, or Carnage or ANYTHING for ASM 3.
I bet they'll totally deflate the already fairly empty balloon and have the next bad guy be Kraven or Morbeus

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 04-21-2014, 11:50 AM
N00B

Spoiler alert warnings are awesome.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:56 AM
N00B

Quote:

They aren't working together, per se. Marc Webb was still under contract with Fox, so Fox let Marc Webb direct the film and (I think) get out of his contract in return for a free promotion for X-Men Days of Future Past. So no crossing of the movie universes.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Rats off to ya

I saw a few new ones recently.

Under the Skin
Very strange but definitely enjoyable. I have it figured out for the most part but the story was a little difficult to pick apart. The visuals were really cool and the soundtrack was awesome.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Much better than the first Captain America and probably the best Marvel Studios film besides Avengers. Marvel has pretty much mastered pacing for superhero movies. The action is well spread out, dialogue scenes never drag out too long, and they manage to keep the movie exciting for the whole 2+ hour duration.

The Raid 2
God damn. I'd be really surprised if a better action movie is released this year. They really went all out to make this bigger and more spectacular than the first one. Unlike the first one which is contained to one apartment building, this one is all over the place and lasts about an hour longer. I have to say it tops the first one but if there's anything but if there's anything I prefer about the first one it's the simplicity of the story. The story here is kind of bloated and a little hard to follow at times but that wont keep you from enjoying it. My friend didn't even see the first one and he had a blast.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:34 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Spoiler alert warnings are awesome.
Nothing I said was a spoiler for the good stuff. All the actual drama and intense scenes are very much unspoiled by what I said.

That makes the after credits scene even shittier.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post

The Raid 2
God damn. I'd be really surprised if a better action movie is released this year. They really went all out to make this bigger and more spectacular than the first one. Unlike the first one which is contained to one apartment building, this one is all over the place and lasts about an hour longer. I have to say it tops the first one but if there's anything but if there's anything I prefer about the first one it's the simplicity of the story. The story here is kind of bloated and a little hard to follow at times but that wont keep you from enjoying it. My friend didn't even see the first one and he had a blast.

Yeah Raid 2's action is amazing and so insane but the story is just fucking horrible. So boring, bloating, tacked on, overdrawn and confusing.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Nothing I said was a spoiler for the good stuff. All the actual drama and intense scenes are very much unspoiled by what I said.

Normally I agree with you on a great many things, but in truth you did say a few things about Rhino I'd rather not have heard. Just sayin'.

I'm finding it shocking that your reaction is this bad, considering I wasn't thrilled with ASM and didn't expect much from this one either, but the previews have left me thinking it'll be pretty damn sweet. I guess my plan for now is to go in with no expectations and see what happens.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:21 AM
N00B

Quote:

You said some stuff about the ending involving Rhino.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:18 PM
That guy drinking boba and listening to hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Yeah Raid 2's action is amazing and so insane but the story is just fucking horrible. So boring, bloating, tacked on, overdrawn and confusing.
I completely agree with the story not being good and all. But the amazing action scenes make up for it. The story makes a bit more sense if you watched the first one.