Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 AM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,563
NHL 2013-14 Stanley Cup Playoffs

For the hardcore and causal hockey fans, the playoffs are here

I will say I am pumped for my Avs went from worst to first in one season, capturing the central division title on the last day (thanks in part to the Blues falling apart). I don't think the Avs will reach the Stanley Cup Finals but I think they will advance to the next round

My 1st round picks:

Eastern Conference

Boston over Detroit in 5

Montreal over Tampa Bay in 6

Pittsburgh over Columbus in 6

Philadelphia over New York in 7

Western Conference

Colorado over Minnesota in 6

Chicago over St. Louis in 7

Anaheim over Dallas in 4

San Jose over Los Angeles in 7
__________________
02/17/15- Machine Head
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-14-2014, 09:25 AM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,843
Really looking forward to watching my Hawks face the Blues in the first round! Should be a great series! I'm good with most of your predictions but I think Detroit takes Boston to 7 before losing. I also think Tampa will beat Montreal, and that LA will pull a win out over San Jose.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-14-2014, 10:04 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,191
Blog Entries: 19
NUKE MICHIGAN FROM FUCKING ORBIT
__________________
12/07 - Exodus
12/08 - Blackalicious
12/11 - Saves The Day
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-14-2014, 12:07 PM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,031
I've barely followed hockey the last couple of years but fuck the Habs, even if they're the only Canadian team in the playoffs. If they lose I'm a happy camper.
__________________
11/30 - Slipknot/Korn
12/27 - Protest the Hero
02/05 - Machine Head
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 PM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Really looking forward to watching my Hawks face the Blues in the first round! Should be a great series! I'm good with most of your predictions but I think Detroit takes Boston to 7 before losing. I also think Tampa will beat Montreal, and that LA will pull a win out over San Jose.
By all means I am not a hardcore hockey fan I wasn't really thinking I would be paying attention this year since the Avs were so horrible last year and I thought there would be growing pains, so my picks are really shots in the dark the only pick I am confident in is the Avs advancing to the second round
__________________
02/17/15- Machine Head
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-15-2014, 04:37 PM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
By all means I am not a hardcore hockey fan I wasn't really thinking I would be paying attention this year since the Avs were so horrible last year and I thought there would be growing pains, so my picks are really shots in the dark the only pick I am confident in is the Avs advancing to the second round
I like the Avs to beat Minny, but anything could happen with them. They're such a young, inexperienced team who rely so heavily on their goalie... who knows? They're fun to watch though.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:18 PM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I like the Avs to beat Minny, but anything could happen with them. They're such a young, inexperienced team who rely so heavily on their goalie... who knows? They're fun to watch though.
Patrick Roy has to be the most entertaining coach in the NHL; his first game he pushes the glass into the opposing coach; he is always speaking his mind along with cuss words on his weekly radio show appearance.....it is too soon to say this but him and Joe Sakic in the front office could be akin to John Elway coming back to help run the Broncos and he turns them around into Super Bowl contenders just 3 years into the job, one must wonder if Roy/Sakic can do the same
__________________
02/17/15- Machine Head
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-16-2014, 10:17 AM
PowerMaiden's Avatar
PowerMaiden PowerMaiden is offline
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,653
Wild in 6 (surprise no 1)
Blues in 6 (surprise no2)
Ducks in 5
Kings in 7

Bruins in 6
Canadiens in 6 damnit
Blue Jackets in 7 (surprise no 3, Fleury will make a fool of himself again)
Rangers in 6


should be good again this year, go Bruins Go !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
__________________
Life Down There Is Just A Strange Illusion
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2014, 10:56 AM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
Patrick Roy has to be the most entertaining coach in the NHL; his first game he pushes the glass into the opposing coach; he is always speaking his mind along with cuss words on his weekly radio show appearance.....it is too soon to say this but him and Joe Sakic in the front office could be akin to John Elway coming back to help run the Broncos and he turns them around into Super Bowl contenders just 3 years into the job, one must wonder if Roy/Sakic can do the same
I absolutely love Roy as a coach -- especially for Colorado. I hope the shtick doesn't wear thin too quickly though.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2014, 10:57 AM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
Wild in 6 (surprise no 1)
Blues in 6 (surprise no2)
Ducks in 5
Kings in 7

Bruins in 6
Canadiens in 6 damnit
Blue Jackets in 7 (surprise no 3, Fleury will make a fool of himself again)
Rangers in 6


should be good again this year, go Bruins Go !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
I would LOVE this.

Also, I don't think St. Louis beating Chicago would be much of a surprise. I haven't looked at the odds, but I've got to figure the two teams are pretty even, in fact from what I've seen more people are picking the Blues to win.
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008