Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 05-15-2013, 12:01 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Barney's awesome. One of the most polite musicians I've ever met too.
After a club show in Ottawa a few years back he exited the venue through the crowd and the front doors, signing, taking photos and chatting. And he didn't seem to be bothered to do it one bit. I was going to go get a photo but I lost him in the crowd.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 05-16-2013, 04:53 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Never met him, but have heard nothing but good things about Barney.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 04-16-2014, 12:41 PM
N00B

All members in Digital Summer are very awesome guys!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:33 PM
That Guy

I haven't done this in a while:

Mike Mangini of Dream Theater: Very cool guy. A very intense guy when it comes to drums but awesome to talk to.

Hannes Van Dahl of Sabaton: One of the coolest drummers I have met in quite some time. Let me go up on the First Avenue stage and take pics of his drumkit. So I got to live out one of my biggest dreams thanks to him (being on the First Avenuestage behind a drumkit)

Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth- Another intense no bullshit guy. But a guy you gotta respect at least musically. I'll leave politics aside.

Matt Young Of King Parrot- The Henry Rollins of Grindcore. So humble in person and absolutely insane on stage.

Ben Weinman of The Dillinger Escape Plan- Absolutely hilarious and a great guy to hang with.

Jorgen Munkeby of Shining- A very down to earth guy. Has incredible stage presence live but humble and very knowledgeable guy to talk to off stage.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:23 PM
N00B

Sven from Aborted is an absolutely hilarious guy to hang out with, and puts on an incredible performance with little to no practice or warming up.

Every member of each band on the Decibel tour were incredibly friendly and really nice guys, especially Jeff Walker from Carcass and Trevor Strnad from Black Dahlia (who was also drunk off his ass, but that's nothing new).
9/15 - Artificial Brain
9/17 - Deafheaven?
9/19 (Birthday Celebration) - Elder
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Forgot all about this thread. Add Adrian Vandenberg and Glenn Hughes to the cool guy list. Adrian is just an all round nice guy. Glenn is cool, but you can tell there's a big ego in there.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 04-21-2014, 12:51 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Jorgen Munkeby of Shining- A very down to earth guy. Has incredible stage presence live but humble and very knowledgeable guy to talk to off stage.
THIS! I didn't personally meet him, but my GF took her kids to their meet-n-greet and were the only people there, so they hung out for a good half hour and Jorgen just wanted to know everything about everything and was very glad that SOMEONE came to hang out with them.

I briefly shook his hand while he was packing up and he wasn't a rockstar at all, "Thanks for coming!". More people need to be like him!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 04-21-2014, 01:31 PM
N00B

I think everyone i've met with the exceptions of a few people have been pretty cool and down to earth. Most of the time it's just for a quick "Hi/Can you take a picture/you were great tonight/etc.", but the ones that stood out:

Jon Howard from Threat Signal: Met him in 2007 at a Chimaira show in Toronto. Spoke to him for like 10 minutes. Talkative dude.

Brian Fair: He was near the merch table on the KsE tour in 2012 taking pics with fans. Just mention anything Boston sports-related to him and he'll talk.

Kevin Talley: This was in 2010 when Daath was touring with Chimaira. He was setting up Daath's sound stuff before the show started and recognized him. He tried to sell me DVDs of his Black Dahlia Murder and Slayer auditions.

Chris Adler: At a signing last October. Super nice guy, but I think everyone already knew that. And judging by his reaction, I think I was the first one to mention his work on the last Protest the Hero album.

Trevor Phipps and Ken Susi from Unearth: Susi's hilarious, and Trevor's a big Red Sox fan, so that was fun.

Brian Eschbach: I think he was just happy that I knew his Deadpool tattoo was of Deadpool, not Spiderman.

As far as ones that weren't really all that great, I haven't met anyone who was an outright asshole, but a couple who just seemed to show general indifference, a little annoyance by me saying "Hey, I enjoyed your set", or maybe even the subtle rockstar snub:

The dudes in Korn: I won a Meet & Greet pass during the Family Values tour in 2006. I chalk some of this up to their handlers who were very strict on the One item only and allowing you to take pictures of the members as they walk by, and not with them. So everything was rushed. Jonathan Davis didn't say one word, and just went by signing stuff. Munky was cool and talkative and actually the only one to seem genuinely happy and excited to meet fans. David spent the whole time talking to one of the security guys while he was walking up the line signing stuff. Fieldy was alright too, but seemed more focused on handing out bumper stickers of his clothing line or whatever. Considering they were my favourite band at the time and the first pro musicians I met that I liked, a bit of a bummer. Plus the Meet & Greet was scheduled during Stone Sour's set, instead of Dir En Grey's or Flyleaf's or something.

Alissa and one of the guitarists from the Agonist: Just genuinely indifferent to me saying "Hey, that was a nice set you played" and shaking their hand. Didn't ask for an autograph or picture or anything. In fact I think I was buying their CD from their merch booth when I approached their guitarist. Alissa in general just seems like an unpleasant person to be around at times.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Met Papa and The Nameless Ghouls - all INSANELY nice, really grateful to have you meet them, talkative, and the like. Papa is really talkative as are the Ghouls. Their so nice in fact that they all (Papa and EVERY Ghoul) shook my hand when I met them and shook it again when I was walking away while they all wished me a nice day and thanked me for meeting them.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Everyone in Battlecross is the shit. Super nice, funny as hell and are genuinely appreciative of the support (Gumby's face lit up after the Protest show when I said that the was the best performance of the 3 times of I've seen them and complimented them on the progress they've made as a live act in the past year.)

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/