Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 03-26-2014, 02:19 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post

Sorry, I just had to laugh at this.
Sometimes juvenile is funny. Particularly for you, I imagine. It was so long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Well, that's a dick move.
Uhuh.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 03-26-2014, 02:49 AM
One who onions things

Hey folks, I think I'm gonna go ahead and attempt to call it quits with posting here. Basically, I no longer trust myself with the necessary discretion with some of the personal relationships I've made with a few people/bands. Probably gonna keep lurking since I still love reading everyone's posts, but I don't think I really contribute anything meaningful here and I continually risk saying something I really shouldn't just because I'm dumb like that. Later!
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 03-26-2014, 03:39 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Hey folks, I think I'm gonna go ahead and attempt to call it quits with posting here. Basically, I no longer trust myself with the necessary discretion with some of the personal relationships I've made with a few people/bands. Probably gonna keep lurking since I still love reading everyone's posts, but I don't think I really contribute anything meaningful here and I continually risk saying something I really shouldn't just because I'm dumb like that. Later!
</3 don't do it bby
Old 03-26-2014, 07:34 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Sometimes juvenile is funny. Particularly for you, I imagine. It was so long ago
Hardy har har. To be clear, the LL was mostly due to the fact that I think he thought he was actually flipping you some serious shit.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Wouldn't it be a lot less drastic to just...not say whatever it is you shouldn't?

Also, I disagree with the notion that you've nothing to contribute. Your posts are often much more useful / interesting / positive than many I've read. This forum needs MORE frequent posters who don't have their heads up their own asses, not less.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 03-26-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
This forum needs MORE frequent posters who don't have their heads up their own asses, not less.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:49 AM
Altars of Radness

Yeah, I don't see why it's so difficult to hold back things that could catch up to you later. I think everybody has to (or should) use a certain amount of discretion when posting on the internet. You can contribute plenty here without mentioning outside friendships. If I recall correctly, some time you ago you made a similar post regarding this. Unless there are people who know you post here, it seems unlikely that anything would come of the info you've shared on the forum. However, if you're still worried about your identity being linked to anything here you could ask for your interview thread to be removed and username changed to something you don't use elsewhere. That may not be ideal, but it would be a bummer to see you go!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Hardy har har. To be clear, the LL was mostly due to the fact that I think he thought he was actually flipping you some serious shit.
I know, but when have you known me to pass up the opportunity to make an age joke?

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 03-27-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't it be a lot less drastic to just...not say whatever it is you shouldn't?
Yeah, this. Afterall, this isn't live conversation, you're typing. It's the easiest thing in the world to go back over it before clicking "submit" and make sure you're not saying anything you shouldn't be. It's hardly a format where something can "slip out".

Stay, I say!

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 03-27-2014, 10:09 AM
One who onions things

Alright, you guys convinced me, I'm just gonna do my best to shut my yap when it comes to the heavy stuff. I made that post because I do sincerely have trouble not posting too much about myself, and lately posting about myself seems to sometimes involve people and events that might not need to be mentioned on this forum. I actually have been "found out" so to speak maybe three or four times. For the most part it's been fine and in good humor, but there was a minor incident when I made someone a bit upset. That was my own fault and I did sincerely apologize at the time.

Recently I had a pretty revelatory experience with a musician I really admire and respect. It was the kind of thing that made me really resent stuff like blabbermouth, or even just the idea of talking about these people in a public space that they can't really see. It's like, I just feel bad talking about these guys behind their backs, even if it isn't negative. Not to mention, I've personally seen on many occasions just how much love and effort goes into making albums. I haven't had the personal experience with shows, but I know there's a similar degree of time and energy out into them too. Limiting criticism of those things to a mere blurb on a forum or even a short internet review really kind of cheapens the effort that these guys put into making that music. That's why I stopped doing album and gig reviews for Metal Assault. I don't even want to be a writer on a more active level than I already am. Hell, the last few things I wrote because my thinking was "If no one writes a cool thing on this band I love, who will?"

And the interviews thread... I do really appreciate that one of the mods here wanted to support me by stickying it. That is actually really really awesome and super cool of whoever did that. I thought it would be cool to not just post the interview and say "Here you go, read it!" but also share the journeys that I had in conducting the interviews and writing the articles. While I thought it would be really fun to share my people hunting activities and the meetups and little adventures, it's also inevitably going to involve me talking about those people that don't have a voice here. And I guess I just feel bad! So yeah, I guess if someone can delete the thread, I would appreciate it. I don't think I'll change the username, this is really the only forum I post on and am interested in posting on.

tl;dr, I'm just gonna try and keep my mouth shut better. Thanks for the pep talk dudes!
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31