Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

AC/DC -- Denver, CO -- February 8th, 2016
Y&T -- Phoenix, AZ -- February 6th, 2016
Europe -- Atlanta, GA -- February 6th, 2016
Voivod -- Providence, RI -- February 6th, 2016
Metallica -- San Francisco, CA -- February 6th, 2016


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 03-25-2014, 06:50 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 20,889
Management (Jack Flanagan) statement:

"It is with a saddened heart, that I confirm my dear friend Dave Brockie, artist, musician, and lead singer of GWAR passed away at approximately 6:50 PM, EST - Sunday March 23, 2014. His body was found Sunday by his band mate at his home in Richmond, VA. Richmond authorities have confirmed his death and next of kin has been notified. A full autopsy will be performed. He was 50 years old, born August 30, 1963.

My main focus right now is to look after my band mates and his family. More information regarding his death shall be released as the details are confirmed."
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

3/2 Helloween
21/2 Inglorious
4/3 Wednesday 13
5/3 Wednesday 13
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-25-2014, 08:58 AM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Anaheim , CA
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Management (Jack Flanagan) statement:

"It is with a saddened heart, that I confirm my dear friend Dave Brockie, artist, musician, and lead singer of GWAR passed away at approximately 6:50 PM, EST - Sunday March 23, 2014. His body was found Sunday by his band mate at his home in Richmond, VA. Richmond authorities have confirmed his death and next of kin has been notified. A full autopsy will be performed. He was 50 years old, born August 30, 1963.

My main focus right now is to look after my band mates and his family. More information regarding his death shall be released as the details are confirmed."
That's new? Didn't we already know that?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Steev Steev is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
That's new? Didn't we already know that?
Yep
__________________
Slayer/Testament/Carcass
Flaw
Megadeth/Suicidal Tendencies/Children of Bodom
Halestorm/Lita Ford
Behemoth
MMRBQ
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-25-2014, 10:27 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 20,889
Of course. But what would you rather, the band/management say nothing at all? They've got to make a statement acknowledging it. I'm sure what they wanted to do was confirm the cause of death, but since an autopsy is required, they can't yet.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

3/2 Helloween
21/2 Inglorious
4/3 Wednesday 13
5/3 Wednesday 13
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-25-2014, 10:36 AM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
I'll take a Lemmy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,576
A cool little video

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/phi...-out-to-slayer
__________________
02/15-Black Sabbath
02/23-Megadeth, ST, COB, Havok
03/29-The Who
04/13-Iron Maiden
05/07-Amon Amarth
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-25-2014, 11:15 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
When I trust you we can do it with the lights on
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 8,056
I can't see Gwar going on without him. Or they may try but fail miserably. His sense of humor was one-of-a-kind. You could slap Devin Townsend or some other "funny guy" behind the mask and they'd be funny but not the same funny.
__________________
02/14 - Fleshgod Apocalypse
02/27 - Inertia 20th Ann. Show
03/05 - Conan
03/06 - Cradle of Filth
03/11 - Rusty
03/12 - WWE
03/19 - Unearth
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-25-2014, 02:21 PM
noahj's Avatar
noahj noahj is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 123
Not sure about this summers GWARbq, but if it turns out to be a celebration and cool gig, I'd be tempted to fly to Virginia.

24 hours later and I'm still saddened.
__________________
Back in the Mile High baby!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-25-2014, 07:25 PM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Anaheim , CA
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Of course. But what would you rather, the band/management say nothing at all? They've got to make a statement acknowledging it. I'm sure what they wanted to do was confirm the cause of death, but since an autopsy is required, they can't yet.
Sure, because we were all waiting for the official announcement telling us a bunch of shit we already knew. Thanks for sharing that with everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-26-2014, 03:32 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 20,889
Technically, the fact that an autopsy was required because they still couldn't determine the cause of death was new. But it doesn't matter, because you're in a childish, reactionary mood after getting butthurt in the concerts thread, so any valid point made is going to pass you by. Come back when you've calmed down. Or grown up. Whichever occurs first.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

3/2 Helloween
21/2 Inglorious
4/3 Wednesday 13
5/3 Wednesday 13
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-26-2014, 09:42 AM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Anaheim , CA
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Technically, the fact that an autopsy was required because they still couldn't determine the cause of death was new. But it doesn't matter, because you're in a childish, reactionary mood after getting butthurt in the concerts thread, so any valid point made is going to pass you by. Come back when you've calmed down. Or grown up. Whichever occurs first.
You're the one who ended up making an ass of himself and you know it. You don't have to post a boring update you read on bravewords, blabbermouth, or wherever the fuck. I get your point but no one gives a shit. Everyone knows your an ass but they put up with you because you're everywhere and impossible to avoid. And you're the one who ended up butthurt and you know it. I'm done now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008