Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #211  
Old 01-24-2014, 04:11 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Haven't added to my complete list yet, but my most recent additions of the last month...

Faith No More - Epic (single)
Faith No More - Lives At Brixton Academy
Faith No More - Songs To Make Love To
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical
Vader - Necropolis
Some good shit there. That main riff in Impure (off the Vader album) is fucking intense.
__________________
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 01-24-2014, 04:16 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
It's just a way to get people to spend $25.00 or more. I get your point though. I'm sure many people go on there intending to buy only one cd, but then end up spending more to avoid the ass reaming of $3.99 per cd.
It looks like they just changed it to $35.00 for free shipping.
As a consumer I love it. But if I was the brass at Amazon I'd be a little pissed. But, they're desperate for business and some days I'm surprised it's even around still. It was thirty nine dollars for free shipping for the longest time (on the Canadian site anyway) but changed to twenty five a few years ago.

Amazon as a whole has really gone downhill though in the last year. The shipping thing I was talking about earlier is just a bad business model. But the site itself is fucking terrible. The marketplace is all mixed in with stuff they (Amazon) offer. There are some bands who have the same item listed four or five times, all with different prices and retailers. I can't say how many times I've gone to buy something, paid, then scrolled down two pages and seen the same item for cheaper.

And they have an air of desperation too. I've had a few items where I've gotten the "your item has shipped e-mail before I even got the confirmation e-mail.
__________________
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 02-15-2014, 06:46 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,978
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
As a consumer I love it. But if I was the brass at Amazon I'd be a little pissed. But, they're desperate for business and some days I'm surprised it's even around still. It was thirty nine dollars for free shipping for the longest time (on the Canadian site anyway) but changed to twenty five a few years ago.

Amazon as a whole has really gone downhill though in the last year. The shipping thing I was talking about earlier is just a bad business model. But the site itself is fucking terrible. The marketplace is all mixed in with stuff they (Amazon) offer. There are some bands who have the same item listed four or five times, all with different prices and retailers. I can't say how many times I've gone to buy something, paid, then scrolled down two pages and seen the same item for cheaper.

And they have an air of desperation too. I've had a few items where I've gotten the "your item has shipped e-mail before I even got the confirmation e-mail.
I still order from Amazon (co.uk)...
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 02-15-2014, 03:17 PM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Ha, psychobilly
I don't get it...


Picked up the last Dark Tranquillity album Construct at their show last week.
__________________
09/19 - Crowbar/Revocation
10/06 - The Black Dahlia Murder
11/30 - Slipknot/Korn
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 02-16-2014, 01:08 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Long live Ronnie James Dio
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 2,978
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I don't get it...


Picked up the last Dark Tranquillity album Construct at their show last week.
I mistakenly took Cancer Bats for a psychobilly band. Sorry.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 02-16-2014, 04:46 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,540
Latest add: Behemoth 'the Satanist'.
__________________
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 02-17-2014, 04:04 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,540
new add:
LCD Soundsystem 'Sound of Silver'
__________________
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 02-27-2014, 11:05 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,540
new adds:
Gorguts - Considered Dead/the Erosion of Sanity
Malhavoc - Get Down
__________________
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 03-17-2014, 11:53 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,540
Newest adds:
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Babymetal - s/t
__________________
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
new add:
LCD Soundsystem 'Sound of Silver'
Great album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Newest adds:
Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Babymetal - s/t
I assume you were doing some sort of experiment in the right way and the WRONG way to do metal.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008