Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 03-17-2014, 02:04 PM
hellawaits77ny's Avatar
hellawaits77ny hellawaits77ny is offline
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 3,745
Blog Entries: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Turkey has Fixxxer, Phantom Lord, Frayed Ends Of Sanity & The Outlaw Torn!
FiXXXer and Frayed, we can only hope!
__________________
youtube.com/user/hellawaits77NY

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-17-2014, 02:35 PM
DisposableJustice's Avatar
DisposableJustice DisposableJustice is offline
Close your eyes forget your name
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Turkey has Fixxxer, Phantom Lord, Frayed Ends Of Sanity & The Outlaw Torn!
Turkey, you're my only hope
__________________
10/24- King Diamond
11/08- Lewis Black
11/11- Slipknot/Korn
11/19- Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:04 PM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Better quality version of the new song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H31I_H3ayAc

I don't think it's all that good. Quite repetitive, and the vocal lines are disjointed; they don't fit the riffs.

I imagine they'll tighten it up if it makes the album.
I don't know, it sounds pretty good. Anything Metallica has done in recent memory has been "quite repetitive". Metallica seem to think that because their classic material featured long songs, all their new stuff should clock in at 6:00 plus. I think they'd do themselves a lot of favours if they kept the songs under 5:00 (they just don't have the ability to keep it interesting for any longer than that most of the time these days) but for what it is, this sounds as good as anything off of Death Magnetic, which still isn't saying a whole lot!
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-18-2014, 02:53 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is online now
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,166
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I don't know, it sounds pretty good. Anything Metallica has done in recent memory has been "quite repetitive". Metallica seem to think that because their classic material featured long songs, all their new stuff should clock in at 6:00 plus. I think they'd do themselves a lot of favours if they kept the songs under 5:00 (they just don't have the ability to keep it interesting for any longer than that most of the time these days) but for what it is, this sounds as good as anything off of Death Magnetic, which still isn't saying a whole lot!
Still not nowhere near repetitive as Slayer.

Anway, I'll hold my judgement until it's worked out.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-18-2014, 02:56 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,548
As you'd expect, there's a lot of talk about this on Facebook and the like. Seems to be most people are listening to the new song and going through the following process:

> "OMGOMGOMG, a more old school Metallica riff"
> jizz
> end of analysis

Sure, the riffs are pretty cool, but as a song, it's disjointed and poor.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-18-2014, 02:59 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is online now
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,166
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
As you'd expect, there's a lot of talk about this on Facebook and the like. Seems to be most people are listening to the new song and going through the following process:

> "OMGOMGOMG, a more old school Metallica riff"
> jizz
> end of analysis

Sure, the riffs are pretty cool, but as a song, it's disjointed and poor.
So, not finished. The new songs from 2006 weren't "used" either, all though I think some parts were re-used on DM.

And there are people who believe that this is an actual title...
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-18-2014, 03:18 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
So, not finished. The new songs from 2006 weren't "used" either, all though I think some parts were re-used on DM.
Pretty much. I imagine this is nothing like what we'll hear on the album. I'm quite thankful for that.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-18-2014, 03:20 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is online now
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,166
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Pretty much. I imagine this is nothing like what we'll hear on the album. I'm quite thankful for that.
But I'm busy wondering for which DM songs they used snippets from TNS & TONS...
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:33 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
But I'm busy wondering for which DM songs they used snippets from TNS & TONS...
According to Lars:

Some middle parts from TNS are in All Nightmare Long
The intro from TNS is in The End of The Line

Apart from that, barely listened to them, so not sure.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:35 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is online now
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,166
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
According to Lars:

Some middle parts from TNS are in All Nightmare Long
The intro from TNS is in The End of The Line

Apart from that, barely listened to them, so not sure.
Ha, two of my favorites from DM!
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
metallica

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008