Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-17-2014, 06:21 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Turkey has Fixxxer, Phantom Lord, Frayed Ends Of Sanity & The Outlaw Torn!

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 03-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Actually in the set, or currently making the voting cut?

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 AM
N00B

The polls were to pick the entire setlist right? Because the "Vote of the Day" song somewhat implies that the polls are to pick one song to put in the set.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up too much on that. The voting just opened up for that show. The other shows all started out the same way with rarities leading the vote. Once more and more votes come in, it will be pretty much a best of set like the rest of them are now. Maybe one rare track will make it but expect the rest of this tour to have a set similar to the one posted here.

Now, I think this set is good although I could go without ever hearing Nothing Else Matters again. No one should complain about this set since all the songs on it are either good or great. NEM would be the only dull moment in the set for me.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
The polls were to pick the entire setlist right? Because the "Vote of the Day" song somewhat implies that the polls are to pick one song to put in the set.
Yes, the fans get to vote for the whole set. If you look at the voting for this show, it looks like every song that was in the top 17 or 18 songs was played. The vote of the day was between the final three songs to make the cut which Ride The Lightning won. I guess the song of the day will be a thing for the entire tour then.

http://www.metallicabyrequest.com/results.php?s=70
Old 03-17-2014, 07:28 AM
One who onions things

I'm liking Lords of Summer more and more with every listen. It has an attitude and a natural aggression that was sorely missing on DM in my opinion. Even the mid-tempo parts sound cooler than a lot of the stuff on DM. The verses with Lars on double bass sound sick as fuck, and the main riff is actually really fricken cool IMO. I think this has the potential to be a genuinely respectable late-period Metallica album, I won't be expecting anything more than that quality-wise.

What sucks is that the album is probably going to sound like shit no matter who engineers it. Lars and James are too deaf in the high end/sonically incompetent to approve of a mix that actually sounds good.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 03-17-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
I'm liking Lords of Summer more and more with every listen. It has an attitude and a natural aggression that was sorely missing on DM in my opinion. Even the mid-tempo parts sound cooler than a lot of the stuff on DM. The verses with Lars on double bass sound sick as fuck, and the main riff is actually really fricken cool IMO. I think this has the potential to be a genuinely respectable late-period Metallica album, I won't be expecting anything more than that quality-wise.

What sucks is that the album is probably going to sound like shit no matter who engineers it. Lars and James are too deaf in the high end/sonically incompetent to approve of a mix that actually sounds good.
I like a lot of songs on Death Magnetic, tbh. The production was not great, but I've heard worse.

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 03-17-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up too much on that. The voting just opened up for that show. The other shows all started out the same way with rarities leading the vote. Once more and more votes come in, it will be pretty much a best of set like the rest of them are now. Maybe one rare track will make it but expect the rest of this tour to have a set similar to the one posted here.

Now, I think this set is good although I could go without ever hearing Nothing Else Matters again. No one should complain about this set since all the songs on it are either good or great. NEM would be the only dull moment in the set for me.
Yes, but they already play 95% of those songs, most of which I like a lot. But this is clearly voted by a festival audience. Nobody of the fans want to hear NEM again & again, but it's always there in the requests.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:20 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

I think a better poll would have been if they put up their normal 18 song set list and asked the fans "which 5 songs out of these do you wanna see dropped" for the tour?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Better quality version of the new song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H31I_H3ayAc

I don't think it's all that good. Quite repetitive, and the vocal lines are disjointed; they don't fit the riffs.

I imagine they'll tighten it up if it makes the album.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen

Tags
metallica