Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Movies

Old 03-09-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

2.The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King

Released In 2003

Most people say Return Of The King is best LOTR film, and if it wasn't for Helm's Deep in the second one this would be my favorite also. You cannot deny that this film was very well done even if you don't like it. The film has the privilege of not only being the only fantasy film to win Best Picture, but also for holding the record for highest Oscar sweep (winning all eleven nominations). I fantastic close to the best movie trilogy of all-time. Also probably my favorite soundtrack of all-time. There's one thing that has always annoyed me though. When Gollum plants the bread crumbs on Sam, it shows him spreading them on Sam's back, but when Sam gets up Gollum rubs them off his chest (and how the heck would they not fall off if he stood up?).

Favorite character: Legolas

Favorite quote:
Aragorn: Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*

Favorite scene: Battle of Pelennor Fields

Favorite song off soundtrack: Into The West
Old 03-09-2014, 02:46 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Movies aren't the same though, sure I might like the other films more, but just because I may end up thinking say Predator is better than Harry Potter (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) is not going to make me think HP sucks. Their both two completely different types of movies, so that would make no sense to say HP sucks just because you like Predator more. Now, if you happened to find another movie based on wizards (I don't know a movie other HP that revolves around wizards), then you could say this movie makes HP look like crap.

Let's say in 5 years from now my opinions on the movies I like don't change, what would you say then?
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying your tastes will change and evolve. You won't think HP sucks because you like something better, you'll simply like something more than HP. You don't need to dislike the original if you find a better replacement; it's not a household appliance.

I like every film you've posted thus far. All of them. I've zero problem with your list, it's the attitude that your opinions aren't going to change that irks me. You're 15, acknowledge you're 15 and accept that you'll got literally decades left with a near infinite media supply at your finger-tips; eventually you're going to like other stuff as well as what you enjoy now, and you're going to prefer some of it to what you like now.

Also, making statements like 'best superhero movie of all time, calling it now' is just plain stupid to say on an internet forum. That's just free advice on dealing with the greater internet, and we've ALL done it at least once.

Last edited by Dextrimental; 03-09-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:07 AM

1.The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

Released In 2002

And at the top spot on my list, is The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers. This is undeniably my favorite (and most watched) movie of all-time. On one hand you have Frodo and Sam's story where we get properly introduced to Gollum (Andy Serkis was freakin' awesome), and on the other you have Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli's adventure with loads of awesome battles. The movie doesn't drag one bit, and even though there's a lot that had to be left out/changed from the book, the story is still fantastic. The crowning achievement of this movie to me though is the truly epic battle of Helm's Deep. This has to be my favorite battle scene from any movie I've ever scene, and certainly one of the biggest (it actually was the biggest at the time, before Return Of The King knocked it off). Legolas goes totally boss on the Uruk's, while the kill count of him and Gimli adds a little humor to the situation. My mind would seriously have to be blown ten times over for a movie to knock this off the top spot, just a truly incredible movie in the true sense of the word.

Favorite character: Legolas

Favorite quote:
Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

Favorite scene: Battle Of Helm's Deep

Favorite song off soundtrack: Forth Eorlingas
Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 AM

Final recap.....

30.Tarzan
29.Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith
28.The Amazing Spider-Man
27.I Am Legend
26.Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
25.Iron Man
24.Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone
23.Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl
22.Transformers
21.X-Men
20.First Blood
19.Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
18.Raiders Of The Lost Ark
17.The Lion King
16.Jurassic Park
15.Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
14.Toy Story
13.The Karate Kid
12.Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, Part 1
11.The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
10.Jurassic Park III
9.The Avengers
8.School Of Rock
7.Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, Part 2
6.The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
5.Back To The Future
4.The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug
3.The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
Old 03-11-2014, 10:37 AM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

This is a sad list but hey you're 15 so right now "Cool battle scenes and effects bro!" is your mind set

Anyhow, Toy Story is prob the only movie that would be on my Top 30 list if I were to ever make one. I like the LOTR movies and recently re-watched the extended versions(I'll stuck to the regular lentgh lol) but I ain't a fanatic. Also while watching them this time I realized how big of a cockfest they were.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 03-11-2014, 10:59 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

You know what, I'm not a "movie guy" like a lot of other people. I'll watch one, not think anything of it and forget about it most times. I'd rather listen to an album or play a video game any day over a movie. So I haven't seen that many and I can't even think of a top thirty. If I was to make one the Lord of the Rings trilogy would be on it. Probably the first Hobbit, and maybe the second one too. Not near the top, but maybe in the middle.

It's his generations Star Wars.

I try to leave the poor kid alone and let everyone else go at him, but the list is...yeah.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-11-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
This is a sad list but hey you're 15 so right now "Cool battle scenes and effects bro!" is your mind set

Anyhow, Toy Story is prob the only movie that would be on my Top 30 list if I were to ever make one. I like the LOTR movies and recently re-watched the extended versions(I'll stuck to the regular lentgh lol) but I ain't a fanatic. Also while watching them this time I realized how big of a cockfest they were.
The list is just WAY to much stuff that's come out within 2 or 3 years.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:32 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
23.Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl
18.Raiders Of The Lost Ark
14.Toy Story
9.The Avengers
8.School Of Rock
3.The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
Well, at least there were some great movies on this.

Quote:
25.Iron Man
20.First Blood
17.The Lion King
6.The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
And some good movies.

Quote:
22.Transformers
And then some scum of the fucking earth, unwatchable, bullshit like this.
10/18 Satan
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
10/23 Pentagram ?
Old 03-15-2014, 06:22 AM
N00B

Honest Trailer: Lord of the Rings

Honest Trailer: Hobbit
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Old 03-15-2014, 05:59 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

what the fuck happened in this thread