Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014

Old 03-08-2014, 03:54 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
As much as I hate the Yankees I don't think they'll end up in 4th.
Who do they have to drive in runs? Texiaria who might play what 60-70 games? I love Beltran (as a Cardinal fan) but I'm skeptical he averages 28 HR a year like he did in STL. McAnn has a little pop but he's about a 65-80 RBI guy at this point. They have no power anywhere. Pitching is average, maybe better depending on Japanese guy. Too many old guys, too many ifs. I think the O's have a better team. They have a lot of young guys who can drive in runs.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:28 PM
N00B

You always have to take the right field porch at Yankee Stadium into effect, for Left handed and switch hitters. And 80 RBIs for a catcher? I'd take that. Plus who did McCann have to drive in in Atlanta besides Freddie Freeman? BJ Upton who hit like .150? Dan Uggla who strikes out 30 times a week?

Last edited by AnthG; 03-08-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
You always have to take the right field porch at Yankee Stadium into effect, for Left handed and switch hitters. And 80 RBIs for a catcher? I'd take that. Plus who did McCann have to drive in in Atlanta besides Freddie Freeman? BJ Upton who hit like .150? Dan Uggla who strikes out 30 times a week?
The 57 & 67 he's driven in the last 2 years are probably going to be more realistic for a catcher who's been hurt the last 2 years than it is to expect him to drive in 80. Which is good for a catcher but if one of your better hitters biggest upside is 80 RBIs you've got problems. The biggest run producer in the OF is between Ellsbury & Soriano. If your big hitters in the OF are between them you are pretty screwed. If this is 2007 or 08 this would be 100 win team. No way they're .500. If they finish 3rd they should be damn grateful.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:23 PM
N00B

I don't think they're going to be a 100-win team either, but given how injured the were last season and still managed to win 85 games, I'd say they have a chance to be better since, on paper at least, they're better this year than they were last year with the injuries. I'd say them finishing under .500 is wishful thinking.

I'd love for you to be right, being a Red Sox fan. I've just learned never to underestimate any team. Everyone had the Red sox in 4th or 5th place last year when they made their predictions, and they won the world series. That and everyone around Toronto was blowing their load over the Jays and the offseason moves they had made.

Basically, the AL East is ridiculous.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I don't think they're going to be a 100-win team either, but given how injured the were last season and still managed to win 85 games, I'd say they have a chance to be better since, on paper at least, they're better this year than they were last year with the injuries. I'd say them finishing under .500 is wishful thinking.

I'd love for you to be right, being a Red Sox fan. I've just learned never to underestimate any team. Everyone had the Red sox in 4th or 5th place last year when they made their predictions, and they won the world series. That and everyone around Toronto was blowing their load over the Jays and the offseason moves they had made.

Basically, the AL East is ridiculous.
The reason why they are usually hurt is they have guys who are fragile or mid to late 30s. Obviously injuries get everyone but if you've got a bunch of old guys those odds grow exponentially.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:28 PM
N00B

I'm just saying the team they had last year that played was far worse then what they have going this year. It'll be a battle for them but to predict they won't even be .500 is stretching. But anything can happen.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:24 AM
N00B

I'm nervous for my D-backs season. I think we got good bullpen help with Addison Reed but I think its all a matter of consistency. We have the potential with Goldschmidt, Hill and Prado, and if Corbin can have a strong sophomore year, and maybe some help from McCarthy, Miley and Bradley if they decide to call him up, we can contend for the wild card.

I don't like the Yankees, but in my honest opinion, I agree with the Yankees being in 4th. I think Tanaka will lead that pitching staff by end of the year, but that team has been in decline for a couple years. Sabathia isn't who he was, and the rest of their team are all getting old. I doubt Ellsbury is going to stay healthy for an entire season.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:02 PM
N00B

FANTASY DRAFT TONIGHT!!

I don't know why i'm so excited, especially since I do the same thing every year and just do a free league on CBS Sports with 9 other strangers. It is a good time to refresh on who was good and shitty last year, and remind myself of injury updates.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:11 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Random shit: The Mets and Blue Jays played in Montreal, the 10 year mark of the Expos leaving town; it says they are trying to stir up interest in bringing back a team

Good luck with that.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=340328114
Old 03-29-2014, 08:12 AM
N00B

Fuck Montreal. They didn't show up to the games for the last 5 years that team was there. They don't deserve a team, plain and simple.