The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 03-08-2014, 04:15 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Skull Fist -- Toronto, Ontario -- March 7th, 2014

This was the CD release show for their new album: "Chasing The Dream". It was another late one, as all local shows seem to be, but because it was promoted by Toronto's metal promoter it ran really smoothly as opposed to the other local shows where they run late.

Up first was Non-Existent. Musically, they had a lot of really cool things going on, as both guitar players were incredibly talented. They're hard to characterize because the vocals were pretty harsh but there were moments of traditional heavy metal thrown in as well. During one of their songs, the drummer had a seizure because of the lights and stopped playing. He somehow managed to finish the rest of the set after that song.

Next was Razorwire. These guys were around a long time ago as Blackened, and changed their name a few years ago. They now have one of Fatality's guitar players shredding for them and they were completely awesome. They had a lot of Metallica-esque moments and riffs, and their songs were just a lot of fun. They also had some cool duelling solos where the guitarists played different leads over top of each other. I really can't wait for these guys to put out some material.

The third band was Fatality, a very popular local thrash band. I hadn't seen them in about 4 or 5 years, and while they were good, their new songs just aren't as interesting as the old stuff. There is too much mid-paced material. I think if they had gone on before Razorwire, I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Finally, Skull Fist hit the stage at midnight and this was probably the best performance of the three times I've seen them. These guys have a ton of energy and their new album is probably just as good as the first one, so there is plenty of great material. I'm really surprised they didn't play "Bad For Good" and "Mean Street Rider", but the set was pretty good otherwise.

Out of order and potentially missing songs, but their set was something like this:

Ride The Beast
Hour To Live
Chasing The Dream
Sign of the Warrior
Commit To Rock
Heavier Than Metal
Takin' Care of Business (BTO cover)
No False Metal
Blackout
Head of the Pack
You're Gonna Pay
11/7 - Artillery/Onslaught
11/27 - DTA/Obituary/Massacre
Old 03-08-2014, 06:04 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
This was the CD release show for their new album: "Chasing The Dream". It was another late one, as all local shows seem to be, but because it was promoted by Toronto's metal promoter it ran really smoothly as opposed to the other local shows where they run late.

Up first was Non-Existent. Musically, they had a lot of really cool things going on, as both guitar players were incredibly talented. They're hard to characterize because the vocals were pretty harsh but there were moments of traditional heavy metal thrown in as well. During one of their songs, the drummer had a seizure because of the lights and stopped playing. He somehow managed to finish the rest of the set after that song.

Next was Razorwire. These guys were around a long time ago as Blackened, and changed their name a few years ago. They now have one of Fatality's guitar players shredding for them and they were completely awesome. They had a lot of Metallica-esque moments and riffs, and their songs were just a lot of fun. They also had some cool duelling solos where the guitarists played different leads over top of each other. I really can't wait for these guys to put out some material.

The third band was Fatality, a very popular local thrash band. I hadn't seen them in about 4 or 5 years, and while they were good, their new songs just aren't as interesting as the old stuff. There is too much mid-paced material. I think if they had gone on before Razorwire, I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Finally, Skull Fist hit the stage at midnight and this was probably the best performance of the three times I've seen them. These guys have a ton of energy and their new album is probably just as good as the first one, so there is plenty of great material. I'm really surprised they didn't play "Bad For Good" and "Mean Street Rider", but the set was pretty good otherwise.

Out of order and potentially missing songs, but their set was something like this:

Ride The Beast
Hour To Live
Chasing The Dream
Sign of the Warrior
Commit To Rock
Heavier Than Metal
Takin' Care of Business (BTO cover)
No False Metal
Blackout
Head of the Pack
You're Gonna Pay
No "Bad For Good" or "Call Of The Wild"? that needs to change.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:02 AM
N00B

Your setlist isn't missing songs but the ones at the end are out of order. I was recording the songs as they played them and I got:

Ride the Beast
Hour to Live
Chasing the Dream
Sign of the Warrior
Commit to Rock
Heaver Than Metal
Taking Care of Business (cover)
Drum Solo
No False Metal
You're Gonna Pay
Head of the Pack

Encore: