Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 02-15-2014, 06:15 AM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Try FFXII, combat system is more akin to Kingdom Hearts. VII, IX and X have a-MAZING stories, so play them for that, at least.
XII is my favorite Final Fantasy, followed by IV and VI.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 02-15-2014, 08:05 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Try FFXII, combat system is more akin to Kingdom Hearts. VII, IX and X have a-MAZING stories, so play them for that, at least.
Will have to try them out sometime!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:00 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
XII is my favorite Final Fantasy, followed by IV and VI.
Word.

IV and VI are definitely more fans of the series games, but they rule. Such solid mechanics and expert story-telling.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Word.

IV and VI are definitely more fans of the series games, but they rule. Such solid mechanics and expert story-telling.
I'm on my fourth playthrough of XII right now, and this time I'm beating Yizmat and Zodiac. Fuck those guys, I'll leave my PS2 on for a month and grind for a week.

07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-15-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:45 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
and the number one spot goes to....

1.The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Genre(s): Action role-playing

And here we arrive at the end of the list.There's a lot of great games out there, many of them unfortunately not on this list, but I have to give the top spot to Skyrim.I have it on PS3 and the Legendary edition on PC, and I love playing both.Just the shear size and detail of the world and the things you can do in it are so amazing that words can't really describe it.I played this game for three months straight non-stop when I first got it, and I'm still able to find stuff to do in it.The graphics are some of the best in any game out there IMO, and the combat is very well done.The reason why I probably like this so much is because of it's heavy Middle-Earth like feel to it (look at pictures of Whiterun and Edoras, and Riften and Lake-Town right next to each other and tell me different).On PC there's a massive list of mods to add to the game, which can give you something to do if you honestly have done everything there is to do in the core game (which I don't know anyone who has).I like this game so much that now I can hardly play an RPG without comparing it to this, and most of the time they don't live up to expectations (kinda a blessing and a curse).Well, that's it for video games, I'm thinking of doing a Top 25 movies and maybe towards the end of the year redo my Top 100 albums.Please feel free to leave some opinions on this list, but please refrain from just posting insults if that's all you got (if you truly hate this list and think it's a piece of junk, it would be better not to post).
This may surprise you but I actually have really mixed feelings about Skyrim, but almost all the problems I have with it can be fixed with mods (to bad my pc is shit so that doesnt help me). But overall it was a great game, they improved in a lot of aspects, but it could have and should have been a lot better.

And they shouldnt have made Speechcraft/ barter fuckin useless, I loved messing with the disposition bar trying to get the best percentage price on my loot in Morrowind and Oblivion
Old 02-16-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
This may surprise you but I actually have really mixed feelings about Skyrim, but almost all the problems I have with it can be fixed with mods (to bad my pc is shit so that doesnt help me). But overall it was a great game, they improved in a lot of aspects, but it could have and should have been a lot better.

And they shouldnt have made Speechcraft/ barter fuckin useless, I loved messing with the disposition bar trying to get the best percentage price on my loot in Morrowind and Oblivion
As a PS3 owner Skyrim really broke my heart.

07/06 -- U2