Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 02-08-2014, 06:01 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
11.Brutal Legend

Genre(s): Action-adventure, Real-time strategy

Sure this game is cheesy, sure the RTS elements aren't that great, but this game is a phenomenal game in my eyes.The graphics are excellent, the combat is something different using a medieval axe and a musical axe, the ability to play solos to reign terror on your enemies and being able to hop in your hot rod anytime you want and blast heavy metal is so freakin' awesome.The story is great with a lots of good dynamics, and the cast is filled with known actors and heavy metal artists (Jack Black, Tim Curray, Rob Halford, and Ozzy Osbourne to name a few).Now as a heavy metal fan I have to say as far as video game soundtracks go, this definitely has to be my favorite."Angels Don't Kill", "Leather Rebel", "Blackout", "Diary Of A Madman", "Live Wire", "Hall Of The Mountain King", and "Youth Gone Wild" are just a few of the many killer metal tracks on here.
This was a good game, very funny and great music. The one problem I had was it tried to be too many things. Open world sandbox, RTS, RPG, action-adventure. It was okay at all those things, but it should have focused at being great at one. But like I said, the humour and the music made it an awesome play. Any video game with TWO Enslaved songs is something special.
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 02-08-2014, 06:21 AM
Hunting High And Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
This was a good game, very funny and great music. The one problem I had was it tried to be too many things. Open world sandbox, RTS, RPG, action-adventure. It was okay at all those things, but it should have focused at being great at one. But like I said, the humour and the music made it an awesome play. Any video game with TWO Enslaved songs is something special.
Very true, I think it should have stuck with the Open world sandbox/action-adventure category. Top ten starts latter today!
8/14 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

I have tried sOOOOOOOO hard to enjoy Brutal Legend, but the RTS parts just kill it for me. Everything else is great: The soundtrack, the control (for the most part), the dialogue, the map... its a great game! I really suck at RTS games though, never could get into them (I don't like using more brain power for video games than I would in real life ). I need to give this another shot sometime.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 02-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Hunting High And Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I have tried sOOOOOOOO hard to enjoy Brutal Legend, but the RTS parts just kill it for me. Everything else is great: The soundtrack, the control (for the most part), the dialogue, the map... its a great game! I really suck at RTS games though, never could get into them (I don't like using more brain power for video games than I would in real life ). I need to give this another shot sometime.
I have really played only three really good RTS games in my life, two of which will be featured in the top ten.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
First 250 or GTFO!
How about first 151, bitch
6/06 Meshuggah/BTBAM (?)
Old 02-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Hunting High And Low

10.The Lord Of The Rings Online

Genre(s): MMORPG

This was the very first MMORPG I've ever played, and to me it's by far the best.I've tried MANY other MMORPG's and non of them even come close to this one right here.The combat is good, the abilities for each class are really well-done, the visuals are awesome, the number of weapons and armor in the game is beyond a counting point, and it's set in Middle-Earth (the greatest fantasy world ever created, try to deny it).I was falt out addicted to this game for about two years and put a lot of money into it (wasn't a VIP but I tried to buy every expansion), but after spending so much time leveling and buying expansions, I just got tired.And with that said we come to the only weak point of the game (IMO), and that's the money that is required.Now, unlike many MMORPG's that are FTP, this isn't a pay-to-win game.You can get just about all powerful weapons and armor without purchasing anything from the Turbine store.The problem is after completing the first like four or five areas, you have to buy an expansion.And I have no problem with saving to buy an expansion, but when you have so many of them that cater towards the end game (and are getting more expensive as they come out), it's just not worth it.It takes a long time to get to the level that the game is catering towards now, and they really need to consider making older expansions free.That's the sole reason why this game is not higher, but everything else about the game is incredible.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Hunting High And Low

9.Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Genre(s): Action-adventure, stealth

Now I know what many of you are thinking, why is a 2013 game in his top ten video games of all-time? It's because this is one of the most fun games I've ever played! The story and the world are both so detailed and immersive that I had just had to put it in the top ten.Naval combat is actually fun now, and just combat in general is excellent.Nothing more to say about the game because it IS an AC game, but this one game people need to play.Maybe it is too early to put this game here, but for now I feel this deserves the number 9 spot.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Four graves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
How about first 151, bitch
Red and Blue were awesome and all, but lacked the convenience in gameplay that Gold, Silver and Crystal had, so I ultimately played those more which left the 250 as feeling right. Ultimately, just fuck the first ones for not being able to press A to activate an HM on an object.
5/3 Chthonic ?
5/3 Sadistic Intent
5/14 Deathhammer
Old 02-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Hunting High And Low

8.The Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle-earth II

Genre(s): Real-time strategy

It's rare that RTS games are good, but EA sure as heck knew how to create some great ones.The BFME series really stands as the best RTS series in the world IMO, and I desire to not play any other RTS game after playing this.This game offers extremely great graphics, greatly executed smooth gameplay, great soundtrack, awesome story, extremely high replay value, and pretty much everything else that an RTS needs to be good.I can literally play this game for three hours straight everyday, it's just that good.A sometimes overlooked game, if you like LOTR at all you should try this out.

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 02-14-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:08 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

You don't like LotR at all, do you?

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com