Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-27-2014, 12:41 PM
In Search of Truth

Michael Schenker -- Lancaster, PA -- January 26th, 2014

Another excellent show and a killer performance by Doogie White. Sound and venue were worse this time (crowd was pretty shitty too, not helped by how long it took for them to come on), but overall still a great show.

01 Neptune Rising
02 Where the Wild Winds Blow
03 Armed and Ready
04 Cry for the Nations
05 Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
06 Assault Attack
07 Attack of the Mad Axeman
08 Rock My Nights Away
09 Into the Arena
10 Lovedrive
11 Another Piece of Meat
12 Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
13 Horizons
14 Shoot Shoot
15 Only You Can Rock Me
16 Let it Roll
17 Too Hot to Handle
18 Lights Out
Encore:
19 Rock Bottom
20 Doctor Doctor
Old 01-27-2014, 03:50 PM

I'm pissed I missed them on this tour. NH date sold out before I could get my hands on a ticket and a snowstorm fucked up my plans of going there with a wad of cash to get someone's ticket. That setlist is 5 songs longer than when I saw him in 2012.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:33 AM
N00B

Just saw the show last night in Allentown. Great show, but the crowd was also a little lame.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:15 AM
N00B

when did MSG take the stage (if it took them a while to get on)?
Old 01-28-2014, 01:52 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
They came on around 8:15 or so. Played almost two hours. The front of the house was cabaret tables, filled by I assume theater benefactors/members, as where the first few rows. They where very lame and lethargic. Schenker would be soloing inches from peoples faces, and they just stood there emotionless. The back of the house was OK, but Doogie had to tell the front to stand up after the first song, that is how bad it was. We ended up on the side maybe about 10 feet from the stage by the end, but no one was allowed into the cabaret area other than the seat holders, so from the stage it must have presented a weird dynamic. Back of the house cheering, front just sitting there.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:16 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwils65 View Post
They came on around 8:15 or so. Played almost two hours. The front of the house was cabaret tables, filled by I assume theater benefactors/members, as where the first few rows. They where very lame and lethargic. Schenker would be soloing inches from peoples faces, and they just stood there emotionless. The back of the house was OK, but Doogie had to tell the front to stand up after the first song, that is how bad it was. We ended up on the side maybe about 10 feet from the stage by the end, but no one was allowed into the cabaret area other than the seat holders, so from the stage it must have presented a weird dynamic. Back of the house cheering, front just sitting there.
Just like the Super Bowl!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:13 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
Other reply is referring to the Sellersville show. At Lancaster, doors were at 6:30, support bands started around 7:15 - basically 7:15-7:45, 8:00-8:30, and 8:45-9:20 or so. Schenker didn't come on until about 10:15 or 10:20, so basically an hour of a changeover. This was a Sunday night, and had originally been advertised as a 6:30 START, instead of Doors, with only two support bands.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwils65 View Post
This is why I hate the Sellersville Theater and generally don't go there. They only sell the tickets up front to theater "club" members and such for the first weeks they're on sale, so by the time they go onsale to the general public, all the good seats are gone to the people who care the least. The website won't even tell you where your seats are when you attempt to buy them online. It's a small room so specific seat numbers in a row are basically irrelevant, but I care whether I'd be sitting in Row B or M.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:48 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This is why I hate the Sellersville Theater and generally don't go there. They only sell the tickets up front to theater "club" members and such for the first weeks they're on sale, so by the time they go onsale to the general public, all the good seats are gone to the people who care the least. The website won't even tell you where your seats are when you attempt to buy them online. It's a small room so specific seat numbers in a row are basically irrelevant, but I care whether I'd be sitting in Row B or M.
It was my first time there. Very disappointing. Live and learn I guess. I am not sure why they booked him there considering the amount of other venues in the area. Didn't mean to mislead with the start time.

Tags
michael schenker group