Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

  #141  
Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 AM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is online now
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
You have to be in a bad mood to say Switchfoot sucks for no reason when I obviously like them, I don't need to know you think Switchfoot sucks because pretty much everyone here hates them except me.
People have to be in a bad mood to share their opinion.
__________________
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
3/7 Enslaved/Yob
4/17 ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 01-22-2014, 11:26 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,866
New Periphery EP is swagged out. Spencer's screams are used more sparsely, but fuck he keeps stepping up his growls on each new releases.
__________________
12/11 ETID/TGI
12/21 TRC/DI
12/27 Four Year Strong
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 01-22-2014, 11:38 AM
300%_Density 300%_Density is online now
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,875
Probably won't make my Top 10 of 2014 but Nashville Pussy - Up The Dose is a damn fun album for those of you who enjoy this type of metal. If you don't I probably wouldn't waste time but if you do its worth a listen.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 01-22-2014, 11:45 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
People have to be in a bad mood to share their opinion.
I have to you ask you, what is the value you see in saying a band sucks in response to a post stating their opinion about the bands new album? I'm not saying stating opinions is wrong, I just think it's not necessary to just post "Switchfoot sucks", because that really is just implying that you think my musical taste suck when you post it in that way.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 01-22-2014, 12:04 PM
moobys37's Avatar
moobys37 moobys37 is offline
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Why?
It goes nowhere. While you can still here what makes Alcest Alcest in the new record even though it's stripped of all of the metal, the Cynic record takes all of what makes them unique and turns it into a generic prog record with hilarious lyrics.
__________________
High On Fire/Windhand: 1/9
Savages: 1/24
Zola Jesus: 1/26
Youth Code: 1/27
A Place To Bury Strangers: 2/17
Sleater-Kinney: 2/26-27
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 01-22-2014, 12:10 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,322
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I have to you ask you, what is the value you see in saying a band sucks in response to a post stating their opinion about the bands new album? I'm not saying stating opinions is wrong, I just think it's not necessary to just post "Switchfoot sucks", because that really is just implying that you think my musical taste suck when you post it in that way.
because of response posts like this
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 01-22-2014, 12:48 PM
XDoomsayerX's Avatar
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I have to you ask you, what is the value you see in saying a band sucks in response to a post stating their opinion about the bands new album? I'm not saying stating opinions is wrong, I just think it's not necessary to just post "Switchfoot sucks", because that really is just implying that you think my musical taste suck when you post it in that way.
Bro no need to get offended every time someone gives their negative take on a band ya dig. I like latina pussy maybe ya like some big black booty. To each their own nig. Thats what these boards are for sharing their taste in things.

Also, I didnt even know Switchfoot still existed
__________________
2/13/14-Joyce Manor?
3/13/14-Title Fight
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 01-22-2014, 12:50 PM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is online now
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
It goes nowhere. While you can still here what makes Alcest Alcest in the new record even though it's stripped of all of the metal, the Cynic record takes all of what makes them unique and turns it into a generic prog record with hilarious lyrics.
Yeah, that's probably the best description I've heard for the couple of songs I've heard from the new Cynic. Disappointing.
__________________
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
3/7 Enslaved/Yob
4/17 ELECTRIC FUCKING WIZARD
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 01-22-2014, 01:06 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Bro no need to get offended every time someone gives their negative take on a band ya dig. I like latina pussy maybe ya like some big black booty. To each their own nig. Thats what these boards are for sharing their taste in things.

Also, I didnt even know Switchfoot still existed
But still what's the point of blatantly trying to attack someone else's opinion?
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 01-22-2014, 01:09 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
But still what's the point of blatantly trying to attack someone else's opinion?
Go back to Mexico you Hippie!

__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008