Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014
Neurosis -- Tucson, AZ -- October 18th, 2014
The Empty Hearts -- Cranston, RI -- October 19th, 2014
King Diamond -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 18th, 2014
Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014

Old 01-19-2014, 07:28 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I will believe Sting in the WWE when I see it. Wasn't he "a lock" for the Wrestlemania from the Georgiadome a few years ago?
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 01-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

TNA house show was earlier this month.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post

TNA house show was earlier this month.
Yeah, stick a fork in them; they're done.
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 01-20-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Yeah, stick a fork in them; they're done.
This was the house show that occurred the day after that first pic I posted which was a Live TV Taping.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
This was the house show that occurred the day after that first pic I posted which was a Live TV Taping.
That first pic wasn't from a live taping. It was from a house show last weekend in Mobile, Alabama. You can tell it's not a TV taping because there is no big video screen at the entrance, not to mention they don't have their usual entrance stage/ramp to the ring set up. Yeah, the company is in bad shape, but their TV taping's usually draw OK. It's their house shows that always have crap attendance.

As for Sting possibly coming to the WWE, it's more than a decade too late as far as I'm concerned. Believe it or not, in March it will be 13 years since WCW went under and Vince bought it If they could've gotten Sting right away or even a year or two latter like they did with Nash, Scott Steiner and Goldberg that would've been great. But now, Sting will be 55 years old, far past his prime and couldn't offer much of anything to the WWE product currently. Plus, how would you bring him in? He's not gonna get a good pop unless they build him up right before he debuts or he makes his first appearance in a wrestling smart city like NYC, Toronto or Chicago.

The reality is, Sting has been gone from mainstream wresting for far too long. A lot of people have forgotten about him and have stopped caring. Most fans think he retired when WCW closed. Plus, now you've got a whole new generation of kids who've gotten into the WWE in the last few years who have no clue who Sting is. If he comes to the WWE, they have to be real careful how they handle his debut with the company. They can't just trot him out there on some random RAW in some random city, unless they want him to come out to crickets which would be embarrassing for him. Although I'm not sure it's more embarrassing than performing at a TNA house show taking place in a high school gym to end his career.

It would be cool to see him have a match at mania, get in the hall of fame and have a DVD about his career released. But that's pretty much all they can do with him now. He's not gonna be out there winning titles and making a serious impact like he would have a decade ago.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That first pic wasn't from a live taping. It was from a house show last weekend in Mobile, Alabama. You can tell it's not a TV taping because there is no big video screen at the entrance, not to mention they don't have their usual entrance stage/ramp to the ring set up. Yeah, the company is in bad shape, but their TV taping's usually draw OK. It's their house shows that always have crap attendance.

As for Sting possibly coming to the WWE, it's more than a decade too late as far as I'm concerned. Believe it or not, in March it will be 13 years since WCW went under and Vince bought it If they could've gotten Sting right away or even a year or two latter like they did with Nash, Scott Steiner and Goldberg that would've been great. But now, Sting will be 55 years old, far past his prime and couldn't offer much of anything to the WWE product currently. Plus, how would you bring him in? He's not gonna get a good pop unless they build him up right before he debuts or he makes his first appearance in a wrestling smart city like NYC, Toronto or Chicago.

The reality is, Sting has been gone from mainstream wresting for far too long. A lot of people have forgotten about him and have stopped caring. Most fans think he retired when WCW closed. Plus, now you've got a whole new generation of kids who've gotten into the WWE in the last few years who have no clue who Sting is. If he comes to the WWE, they have to be real careful how they handle his debut with the company. They can't just trot him out there on some random RAW in some random city, unless they want him to come out to crickets which would be embarrassing for him. Although I'm not sure it's more embarrassing than performing at a TNA house show taking place in a high school gym to end his career.

It would be cool to see him have a match at mania, get in the hall of fame and have a DVD about his career released. But that's pretty much all they can do with him now. He's not gonna be out there winning titles and making a serious impact like he would have a decade ago.
Yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent on everything you say about Sting.
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 01-20-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:

This I mean IF they did bring him to WWE he'd have a role like Lesner or Taker where he'd only do a few things.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:29 AM

I think Sting himself was the reason he never went to the WWE. He never agreed with a lot of their "harsher" angles over the years.
03/07 - Video Games Live
Old 01-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I think Sting himself was the reason he never went to the WWE. He never agreed with a lot of their "harsher" angles over the years.
He explains in this video why he didn't go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE

I understand where he's coming from but I don't think Vince would've misused Sting that badly. Sting in the WWE had money written all over it at the time Vince bought WCW. Vince wasn't completely out of touch with the fan base back then either, so he knew bringing in Sting would've been huge and would make money. Vince would've have never let that opportunity slip away. I think Sting would've gotten at least one run as world champ and probably a couple good reigns as IC/US champ or with the tag titles if he wrestled for them some time between 2002 and 2006.

Unfortunately, it seems that Sting is his own worst enemy when it came to going to the WWE. Vince would no doubt welcome him with open arms if Sting ever decides to make a deal.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
He explains in this video why he didn't go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE

I understand where he's coming from but I don't think Vince would've misused Sting that badly. Sting in the WWE had money written all over it at the time Vince bought WCW. Vince wasn't completely out of touch with the fan base back then either, so he knew bringing in Sting would've been huge and would make money. Vince would've have never let that opportunity slip away. I think Sting would've gotten at least one run as world champ and probably a couple good reigns as IC/US champ or with the tag titles if he wrestled for them some time between 2002 and 2006.

Unfortunately, it seems that Sting is his own worst enemy when it came to going to the WWE. Vince would no doubt welcome him with open arms if Sting ever decides to make a deal.
I don't know. Sting will always be a WCW guy and Vince will always have that grudge against WCW. Even though he clearly won well over a decade ago I think he still wants to take every oppertunity he can to make himself superior over them. Even though no one really cares. I still think if Sting was to come to the WWE Vince would have him lose to whoever just so he can call Ted Turner on the phone and yell at him, "Ted, Ted my guy won Ted, my guy won Ted".

All the while Ted (who is probably senile at this point and doesn't even remember owning WCW) says into the earpiece of the phone, "Marybelle...Marybelle...is that you...I can't find the radishes...".
03/07 - Video Games Live