Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 01-15-2014, 09:14 PM
N00B

As jingoistic as he is, the Star-Spangled Banner into Violate was AWESOME.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I definitely get the impression Jon is absolutely capable of being a dick, but the one time I met him I spent about 45 minutes in his company talking non-stop and he was absolutely awesome. And fuck me can he talk when you get him on a subject he loves.

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 PM
N00B

Talked to him when they played with Volbeat in July of 2012. Got a picture with him and we talked for about 10 minutes. Absolutely kind to myself and all of the fans nearby, too.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:15 PM
In Search of Truth

I think there's a pretty huge difference in the way someone is when you meet them as a fan and the way they are as a person behind closed doors and/or the person they are when you have a working relationship with them. I've heard countless stories from countless people with all kinds of relationships to Schaffer - former bandmates, members of fellow touring bands, just other industry people in general, etc... most of the stories all fit into the same frame... but yeah, that doesn't mean he's not a decent person to interview or nice to his fans.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:10 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I think there's a pretty huge difference in the way someone is when you meet them as a fan and the way they are as a person behind closed doors and/or the person they are when you have a working relationship with them. I've heard countless stories from countless people with all kinds of relationships to Schaffer - former bandmates, members of fellow touring bands, just other industry people in general, etc... most of the stories all fit into the same frame... but yeah, that doesn't mean he's not a decent person to interview or nice to his fans.
And it's something too. The creators of these bands, the ones who ARE the band: Mustaine, Schaffer, Schuldiner, Wizcarek (Vader), Holt. They have this persistent vision that isn't always seen eye to eye. And a part of me feels they sometimes HAVE to be this way in order to make the band continue forward in the direction they wish to.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:01 AM
N00B

I saw this tour in SF. It's one of the most memorable shows I've ever been to. Both Iced Earth and In Flames were great. Plus, I got to see In Flames before they went to complete shit.

As for Anders' comments, I remember reading about it when it first happened. First of all, I have my doubts about Jon treating them badly because they're from Sweden. I truly believe that is a crock of shit. Why would he talk shit about Europeans? He credits Europe for giving Iced Earth their break. He loves European crowds. One of his best friends is Hansi Kursch...

When I was a member of the now defunct In Flames fan club, Anders would post on the forums occasionally. When Jesper left the band, I made a comment about how "Jesper is In Flames, like Jon Schaffer is Iced Earth." Boy, he did not like that one.

Last edited by Grayfox; 01-19-2014 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Typo

Tags
iced earth, in flames