Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014
Ghost -- Lawrence, KS -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 01-15-2014, 11:55 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Coheed and Candiria
You wanna know the funniest thing about this? Years ago when I first heard Candiria I was at Best Buy looking for any album from them. I picked up In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth instead (I was 18 what the hell did I know?) w/o knowing the difference. Even though I still do like that album. That was my introduction to C&C was trying to buy a Candiria album.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:29 PM

#13 - Year One

This has got one of my favorite Candiria riffs starts around the 2:44 mark. This is a little bit more of a straight up hardcore/mathcore type song w/o any type of jazz or hip hop. Again this version was also on Beyond Reasonable Doubt album and redone on C.O.M.A. Imprint. Unfortunately YouTube does not have that version so the only version I can put on here is C.O.M.A. Imprint version.

Year One
Old 01-16-2014, 12:38 PM

#12 - Divided

Vocally this song starts out fuckin crazy. I just don't know how Carley can vocally do what he does. Its not quite hip hop, its not hardcore, I don't know how to even explain it other than take a listen. 1:00 into a song Candiria pretty much breaks into a mariachi band which is quite the entertaining listen. This also has some of the best basslines they've put into any songs they've done.

Divided
Old 03-10-2014, 06:15 PM
That Guy

Before we hit the top 11 (we will see the top 11 right????) I figured I'd post this here:

http://lambgoat.com/news/22093/Candi...ix-year-hiatus
Old 03-12-2014, 01:35 PM

Well I've definitely got lazy in getting this done but I've wanted to get started I just had some other stuff going on and that took precedence but I am back now and yes MPF I am so damn excited that a 7" is going to be getting released next month. I'm bummed it's not atleast an EP but it looks like later this year an EP will be released so it's been 6 years since a new release so I guess a few more months won't kill me. That being said on w/ the countdown:

#11 - The Obvious Destination

One of the more varied tempo songs from Candiria I've ever heard. It starts off intense w/ Carley doing more gruff vocals that I absolutely love that he just attacks the second the song kicks in. Then it gets a little different around 2:09 of the song there is a sound on there that sounds like a xylophone. Come to find out it was a marimba that was used in that part. I'm not even ashamed to admit I'd never heard of one but this is what one looks like for those who don't know either.

I just don't know how being in a metal band you can start writing a song and someone says "ya know this part really would be better w/ a marimba". It just kind of comes out of nowhere as alot of the Candiria songs are.

The Obvious Destination