Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Sorrow C.O.M.A. Imprint ended up on my hard drive a few years ago and I never liked that, but I was just reading a review of their demo that made me really interested in hearing it. Especially knowing what they sound like just ten years later.

I'll have to check out some of these songs when I get home from work.
12/13 Acheron ?
12/17 Cannabis Corpse ?
12/19 Wretched ?
12/26 Macabre ?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:46 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

#18 - Sirens

Yet another newer track but the first and only song off the very rushed 2008 Kiss The Lie album. Had this album been released properly and not having it leaked by the record label president, and had they actually released singles, this song would have been the obvious choice. There's nothing thats all that heavy about this song, its more on the melodic side, but even w/ that it is still a fantastic song. Apparently alot of this album was originally supposed to be for the Spylacopa album that is John & Greg from DEP's side project. Very smooth and somewhat of a chill song.

Sirens
Old 01-15-2014, 09:55 AM

#17 - Pull

Boy when I first heard this song it blew me away. My first thought was what in the hell is jazz doing at the beginning of a metal song? And then the other part of the song kicks in to slam you across the face. There are just so many different sounds that go into a song that is not even 4 minutes in length, starts you out w/ jazz, goes into some hardcore, theres a brief electronic part, back into hardcore and then fades out quietly. This is pretty much Candiria when they were at their best. And this is one of their best.

Pull
Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 AM

#16 - Deep Cover

For all the songs that Candiria did that always sounded so serious, here is one that is more fun than anything else. And yes it is the Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre song they did back in the early 90s. This was released on the Too Legit For The Pit: Hardcore Takes The Rap album. I'll admit, I'm a sucker when a hardcore/metal band does hip hop, especially if I liked the original hip hop song. This stays true to the original version while still doing its own thing all at the same time. If you enjoy covers I'm sure you will enjoy this.

Deep Cover
Old 01-15-2014, 10:14 AM

#15 - Primary Obstacle

This song has shown up on 2 different studio albums. It originally was on the Beyond Reasonable Doubt album and then redone on the C.O.M.A. Imprint album as well. I'd have to say I prefer the C.O.M.A. version a little better, it just sounds alot better to me than the original version. This starts out with some slow riffing, then goes into some horns and then with one of my favorite riffs at around the 1:40 period of the song followed by some sick rapping by Carley.

This Is The Beyond Reasonable Doubt Version
This Is The C.O.M.A. Imprint Version

Curious to see who prefers which version.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:20 AM

#14 - Dead Bury The Dead

This will be the final song that I will be posting that was recorded after 2001. This was on What Doesn't Kill You... and it is (obviously) my favorite song off that album. This song still retains alot of the old Candiria heaviness while still having that (2004 modern) sound that was big around that time. The riffing is heavy, the breakdowns can't help you from moving your head a little bit. All this track is really missing is maybe some sort of jazz passage and this song could have easily been on 2001s 300% Density album. Last new song, countdown will only be even stronger after this.

Dead Bury The Dead
Old 01-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Troo Methulfan

Who?
Old 01-15-2014, 12:01 PM
That Guy

Thanks for doing this thread. Candiria helped make me the drummer I am today because of all the new ideas I discovered from the band, and ironically enough Dead Bury the Dead was the first song I heard from the band.

Keep up this awesome thread about one of the most unappreciated bands around.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Who?
All the more reason to go through the list and get a listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Thanks for doing this thread. Candiria helped make me the drummer I am today because of all the new ideas I discovered from the band, and ironically enough Dead Bury the Dead was the first song I heard from the band.

Keep up this awesome thread about one of the most unappreciated bands around.
Kenneth is just an absolute monster behind the drums. Obviously he's never going to be brought up w/ the Lombardos & Portnoys of the world but he's every bit the talent that they are. It's just impossible to try to compare his drumming vs any of the other drummers that always get brought up as being the "best". I wanted to die when I first heard he was actually playing for Fuel several years ago. I can't imagine how much he had to dumb down his approach from Candiria to play w/ Fuel. Ugghhh.

I'm really happy to hear this thread has went over so well. I honestly didn't know how they would go over or just how many had really heard of them since they haven't even been active in over 10 years.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Coheed and Candiria
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer