Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201  
Old 01-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Ommie Ommie is offline
Tinnitus
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
All this arguing about Deafheaven and Killswitch Engage, you're all forgetting one point. Nails 'Abandon All Life' takes Deafheavens head and sticks it right up Killswitch Engages ass, then takes Killswitch Engages head and sticks it right up Deafheavens ass, then leaves them in the middle of the park for everyone to laugh at. It doesn't even need to argue who's better because it knows that it is.
tru
__________________
10/24 New Found Glory (?)
11/10 Carcass
11/24 DFA 1979
12/9 ETID
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 PM
TheNobleFaceHumper TheNobleFaceHumper is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
>not liking the most-improved band of all time
They went from halfway decent deathcore to god awful, shitty whateverthefuckcore you wanna call them, and now they've improved to slightly less shitty-core.

Congrats to them.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,020
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNobleFaceHumper View Post
They went from halfway decent deathcore to god awful, shitty whateverthefuckcore you wanna call them, and now they've improved to slightly less shitty-core.

Congrats to them.
they went from the worst deathcore band around (which is an achievement because deathcore is shit on its own) to a pretty awesome post-hardcore band

So yes, congrats to them! They have dropped everything that made them unbearable and are embracing good music now.
__________________
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
10/23 - The Atlas Moth
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 01-12-2014, 09:31 PM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is online now
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
they went from the worst deathcore band around (which is an achievement because deathcore is shit on its own) to a pretty awesome post-hardcore band

So yes, congrats to them! They have dropped everything that made them unbearable and are embracing good music now.
Meh. I liked 'em better when they were a shitty deathcore band.*



*Although I haven't listened to Sandpitturtle or whatever yet.
__________________
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
11/1 Kult ov Azazel
11/7 Weekend Nachos
11/14 Decapitated ?
11/15 Eyehategod ?
11/21 Foxy Shazam ?
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 01-13-2014, 02:04 AM
TheNobleFaceHumper TheNobleFaceHumper is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 464
Suicide Season and There Is A Hell were awful albums. Their newest record is *slightly* better, but it's still incredibly meh.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 01-13-2014, 03:41 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,159
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
All this arguing about Deafheaven and Killswitch Engage, you're all forgetting one point. Nails 'Abandon All Life' takes Deafheavens head and sticks it right up Killswitch Engages ass, then takes Killswitch Engages head and sticks it right up Deafheavens ass, then leaves them in the middle of the park for everyone to laugh at. It doesn't even need to argue who's better because it knows that it is.
Dat Nails album seems interesting. But it's grindcore and I only like very few bands in that genre
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 01-13-2014, 03:56 AM
kalfitegrdan's Avatar
kalfitegrdan kalfitegrdan is online now
THIS IS LHHC!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DeKalb, IL
Posts: 3,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Dat Nails album seems interesting. But it's grindcore and I only like very few bands in that genre
Here. Take roughly four minutes out of your life to listen to these two songs that sum up both the extremes of the album.
__________________
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
11/1 Kult ov Azazel
11/7 Weekend Nachos
11/14 Decapitated ?
11/15 Eyehategod ?
11/21 Foxy Shazam ?
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 01-13-2014, 05:29 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is online now
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Here. Take roughly four minutes out of your life to listen to these two songs that sum up both the extremes of the album.
Deal.

I like the riffs of the second one, but otherwise, me no likey.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 01-13-2014, 05:52 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,159
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Here. Take roughly four minutes out of your life to listen to these two songs that sum up both the extremes of the album.
Will do when I'm home. Comparisons with other bands?
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
Will do when I'home. Comparisons with other bands?
The best comparison for Nails is:
Nails > almost anythibg

I'd say they have parts of Pig Destroyer (wicked riffs and fast songs) mixed with the heaviness of the Melvins and Entombed distortion. But it's better than Pig Destroyer, probably better than Entombed too, and may even be better than the Melvins.

If you're into fast, aggressive, heavy, punishing music it is really the perfect album. And their debut album 'Unsilent Death' may actually be better.
__________________
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live

Last edited by adamclark52; 01-13-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008