Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991

Old 01-10-2014, 07:33 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Missing ETID is a task that you have to try to happen haha. They toured ALL year last year haha. I mean they played here 3 times in 8 months.
They came to Philly twice, one night I saw Soilwork the other aside from selling out it was shortly after I was hospitalized with herniated discs(so I wasn't really making shows)
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 01-11-2014, 06:26 AM
Concert Veteran

With the reports of how band the attendance was for last year's Mayhem, I wouldn't be surprised if the tour doesn't last too much longer. Just like Ozzfest, eventually it will run it's course and end. There's only so many times they can trot out the same bands before people stop caring completely.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:05 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
With the reports of how band the attendance was for last year's Mayhem, I wouldn't be surprised if the tour doesn't last too much longer. Just like Ozzfest, eventually it will run it's course and end. There's only so many times they can trot out the same bands before people stop caring completely.
I went to both jersey shows and they did well, especially when you look at how the attendance was for other package tours last year
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 01-11-2014, 07:06 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

That's what they get for constantly playing it safe with the lineup. I understand that the headliners are bound to repeat, but they could at least try to keep the rest of the lineup fresh. I imagine that the economy isn't helping matters either.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
That's what they get for constantly playing it safe with the lineup. I understand that the headliners are bound to repeat, but they could at least try to keep the rest of the lineup fresh. I imagine that the economy isn't helping matters either.
Last year had 5 repeats but they took a gamble with some of the bands(namely having Amon Amarth on the main stage), you basically have a tour catering to 3-4 demographics a year

-kids
-20 something's who either were scene or metal kids
-holdovers from Ozzfest's past
-older metal heads

Right there you could appease with a lineup like Asking Alexandria, Hatebreed, Children of Bodom, KoRn, and Slayer

I think the tour has done a decent job at trying to saciate these crowds and maximize their ticket sales(while maintaining enough big names to make sure the fringe audience goes and keeps this thing an arena level tour)
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

I wouldn't mind Butcher Babies being on it again, I didn't go last year and I really really like Butcher Babies.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:51 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Last year had 5 repeats but they took a gamble with some of the bands(namely having Amon Amarth on the main stage), you basically have a tour catering to 3-4 demographics a year

-kids
-20 something's who either were scene or metal kids
-holdovers from Ozzfest's past
-older metal heads

Right there you could appease with a lineup like Asking Alexandria, Hatebreed, Children of Bodom, KoRn, and Slayer

I think the tour has done a decent job at trying to saciate these crowds and maximize their ticket sales(while maintaining enough big names to make sure the fringe audience goes and keeps this thing an arena level tour)
The biggest year was 2 years ago wasn't it? When the lineup was Slipknot, Slayer, Asking Alexandria, Motorhead, Devil Wears Prada, Whitechapel, etc. That is a lineup for everyone.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:05 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
The biggest year was 2 years ago wasn't it? When the lineup was Slipknot, Slayer, Asking Alexandria, Motorhead, Devil Wears Prada, Whitechapel, etc. That is a lineup for everyone.
They 2 years Slayer has played the shows have been at have been sparsely attended

The best selling year from my area was 2010, 11 and 13 had big turnouts too
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 01-11-2014, 02:25 PM
N00B

I went in 11 and 12 and 12 was pretty much sold out. Slipknot was a huge draw I guess, that plus the scene bands.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:28 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
I went in 11 and 12 and 12 was pretty much sold out. Slipknot was a huge draw I guess, that plus the scene bands.
Aside from when Slipknot was on the floor was practically empty at my date
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour