Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 01-07-2014, 03:57 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
They're a highly praised band that makes sub-par music. Perfect kind of band to hate.
But they're angry metalcore/hardcore. Do you expect them to write "epic" songs with massive and frequent tempo changes and 10 riffs per song, or "hugely atmospheric overtones"? Seems everything that doesn't include the aforementioned is deemed low quality here. And I'm only half trying to be sarcastic. That's a serious question that I know will bring a smart ass response (not necessarily from you, but from someone).

Not trying to be a dink or start an argument, but for what they are and what they strive to be, I don't think you can say Hatebreed is "sub-par". Their last 2 albums, sure. Subpar for them.

And again, not trying to stir up the poop, what are they "sub-par" in comparison to? Keep in mind their genre.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 01-07-2014 at 04:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:49 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
But they're angry metalcore/hardcore. Do you expect them to write "epic" songs with massive and frequent tempo changes and 10 riffs per song, or "hugely atmospheric overtones"? Seems everything that doesn't include the aforementioned is deemed low quality here. And I'm only half trying to be sarcastic. That's a serious question that I know will bring a smart ass response (not necessarily from you, but from someone).

Not trying to be a dink or start an argument, but for what they are and what they strive to be, I don't think you can say Hatebreed is "sub-par". Their last 2 albums, sure. Subpar for them.

And again, not trying to stir up the poop, what are they "sub-par" in comparison to? Keep in mind their genre.
In the world of hardcore, I just think that Hatebreed is just lowest common denominator, boring hardcore. I will say though that I probably would hate them only half as much as I do if Jamey Jasta didn't exist. His vocals are shit and I hate his fucking face. I also hate that in a genre with so many great bands, that one so mediocre happens to have the most popularity.
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast
Old 01-07-2014, 05:05 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

10.) Satan - Life Sentence

Satan picked up right where they left off twenty five years ago and recorded the year's best traditional metal album. This has memorable riffs and infectious vocal melodies that'll get stuck in your head. This might be the best comeback NWOBHM album since Brave New World!

Siege Mentality
Life Sentence
Another Universe

9.) Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance

An orgy of Mercyful Fate, Celtic Frost and Venom worship, but still retaining elements of Darkthrone's recent crust punk phase and traces of their old black metal style. It really just sounds like Darkthrone went into the studio and just recorded a complete tribute to bands that influenced their earlier career. "Leave No Cross Unturned" is thirteen minutes of pure badassery.

Valkyrie
Lesser Men
Leave No Cross Unturned

8.) ASG - Blood Drive

Sorry, Clutch, but ASG released the best stoner rock album this year. Don't hurt me. Not that they're really all that similar except for their preferred genre labels. Blood Drive has an eclectic mix of tunes featuring downtrodden melody ("Blood Drive") to heavy riffs ("Day's Work") and even featuring some harsh vocals ("Castlestorm"). Fantastic release from a completely underrated band.

Blood Drive
Day's Work
Castlestorm

7.) Power Trip - Manifest Decimation

Like an amalgamation of Cro-Mags' Age of Quarrel and Dark Angel's Darkness Descends. This album is abrasive as fuck and just dares you to unleash all that pent up energy. I'm not a big production nerd, but the drum sound on this album is absolutely massive and perfect for Power Trip's brand of crossover. It reminds me of the massive sound of Gene Hoglan on Darkness Descends.

Manifest Decimation
Murderer's Row
The Hammer of Doubt

6.) All Pigs Must Die - Nothing Violates This Nature

I don't exactly know how to classify All Pigs Must Die's music. They're definitely a crust punk/hardcore band on the surface, but their music encompasses elements of black metal ("Silencer") , sludge ("Of Suffering"), death metal ("Chaos Arise") and more that it can be hard to pinpoint the specific sound at times. What I do know though is that All Pigs Must Die is all about continuously spewing hatred out of your speakers for the entire duration of this album.

Chaos Arise
Silencer
Bloodlines
9/12-14 Riot Fest
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
9/27 Blood Feast
Old 01-07-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
In the world of hardcore, I just think that Hatebreed is just lowest common denominator, boring hardcore. I will say though that I probably would hate them only half as much as I do if Jamey Jasta didn't exist. His vocals are shit and I hate his fucking face. I also hate that in a genre with so many great bands, that one so mediocre happens to have the most popularity.
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!

Suprised you hate Jasta so much. He seems like a nice guy. Opinions differ though.

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 01-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Jasta is one of the coolest frontguys Ive seen. Ive seen him stop security from throwing people out, stop the song for fights, and stop singing to make sure the crowd knows to break up a fight.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
They're a highly praised band that makes sub-par music. Perfect kind of band to hate.
Oh you mean Deafhaven

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 01-07-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Oh you mean Deafhaven
Them be fightin' words.

Hipsters be pelting you with their black framed glasses .

11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 01-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Them be fightin' words.

Hipsters be pelting you with their black framed glasses .
Yeah I might get stoned to death with PBR cans and mason jars for making a joke like that.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 01-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:

I'm definitely not expecting "epic" or "atmospheric" from them. And while I'll admit I'm not super well versed in hardcore, there's a lot of hardcore bands that I think are doing more interesting things and making angry hardcore.
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Buahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Oh you mean Deafhaven
Haven't heard of them
10/30 KING DIAMOND